Cyber Hobby 1/72 F-22A rumour

Web99

Pic of bygone era, they( Dragon) were supposed to release host of 1/72kits in 2009-2010 timeframe(Spitfire Mk.I,B Stuka,AH-64D etc..), both as plastic kits and pre made collectibles, unfortunately their gree..pardon  100% price hike in 2008/9 eventually slashed their revenue, coupled with dwindling government subsidies and number of programs ranging from mentioned to Star Wars were slashed.

Some of the prices of dragon kits were ridiculous even worse than hasegawa in some cases. Even today they’ll charge £20+ For a 1/72 fw190 which doesn’t have a lot of plastic in it. So even though I love the raptor I’d dread to think how much it would cost. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thomas V. said:

Pic of bygone era, they( Dragon) were supposed to release host of 1/72kits in 2009-2010 timeframe(Spitfire Mk.I,B Stuka,AH-64D etc..), both as plastic kits and pre made collectibles, unfortunately their gree..pardon  100% price hike in 2008/9 eventually slashed their revenue, coupled with dwindling government subsidies and number of programs ranging from mentioned to Star Wars were slashed.

Is that what happened with STAR WARS!  I had read that revell and bandai were crying about dragon getting a license.  Who knows what the truth is. That was one of my biggest disappointments in the last 10 years!  I was hoping to see 1/35th scale TIE fighters and X-wings and not  these little toys that we've been getting!

Edited by B.sin

5 hours ago, Web99 said:

Found a picture of cyber hobby’s potential next aircraft release.(...)

Yes. Here: https://www.scalemates.com/kits/cyber-hobby-5055-lockheed-martin-f-22a-raptor--100789

Rumour/Announcement dating already October 2010...

http://blog.livedoor.jp/msplus/archives/cat_127576.html

af4e0237.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

5 hours ago, B.sin said:

Is that what happened with STAR WARS!  I had read that revell and bandai were crying about dragon getting a license.  Who knows what the truth is. That was one of my biggest disappointments in the last 10 years!  I was hoping to see 1/35th scale TIE fighters and X-wings and not  these little toys that we've been getting!

I guess the Dragon 1/35 AT-AT was one of the casualties?

Allan

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Thomas V. said:

Was when they also announced a complete and accurate 1/72 F-16 family starting from Block 40 cause it was the more twisted one?

Luigi