Airfix 1\72 Shorts Sunderland Mklll

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngAs I have just had this one delivered i my original choice has been reserved for another build its one of those kits that I have wanted to try but never got around to it.

I won't be starting quite yet as I want to pimp it up a bit as it's a bit basic.

Courtesy of a swap from @Lawzer.

Edited by peterairfix
  • Like 14

Hi Peter,

I persuaded my parents to buy me this kit as a Christmas present when it first came out - cost 10/6 I think. I still have it though it could do with a re-paint! It certainly is basic compared with the newer versions, but still looks nice. The only "improvement" I made was to add rigging to the floats from stretched sprue. I will be looking forward to seeing what you do with it as it brings back many happy memories.

Cheers

Pete

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Thom216 said:

The only thing I don't like about self adhesive PE is the fuzz that invariably shows up just as it's about to go on...

I always remove the self-adhesive stuff and simply use CA. It's more controllable and cleaner.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, JOCKNEY said:

Come on Peter

We haven't had a picture or update in over a month, have you finished it and forgotten to tell us ! ;)

Cheers Pat

Me and plastic are not getting on at the moment so I am giving it a rest for a bit.

• Sad 2

• 3 weeks later...