F-14D Tomcat "Gream Reapers" - Tamiya 1/48

Ale85

This is my latest build: a Tamiya's 1/48th scale F-14D Tomcat. It's a great kit, with superb fit and smart assembly, i had lot of fun building it! Kit built OOB, with some details from Eduard PE and KA Models exhaust nozzels. Painted with Gunze's Acryl Paint (h-307, H-308, H-337).

So, let's start the photogalley:

2.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

Ciao

Ale

Edited by Ale85
  • Like 53

Beautiful Turkey Ale! For me the perfect amount of weathering, great job!! Maybe grim reapers tomcats didn’t go on cruise, I don’t know, but I always like their cleanish schemes, esp gunfighter 160

nice one,

matt

10 hours ago, redcap said:

That's a cracking finish. How did the kit's decals perform please?

Gary

They are good, I had a little trouble only with the sharkmouth. 

ciao

Ale

• 1 month later...
On 9/2/2019 at 8:30 AM, MattSimps74 said:

Beautiful Turkey Ale! For me the perfect amount of weathering, great job!! Maybe grim reapers tomcats didn’t go on cruise, I don’t know, but I always like their cleanish schemes, esp gunfighter 160

nice one,

matt

This is true, VF-101 is what is known as a RAG or replacement air group. They trained the combat pilots and maintenance crews. I should know, I was with VFA101.

• Like 2

On 10/11/2019 at 12:35 PM, FortyEighter said:

A great build and finish!

Having built the "A" version of this kit earlier this year I 'm sure you enjoyed the engineering that produced such an easy fit.

Mike

i really enjoyed this kit; and now i start to build an A, i really love the Tamiya cat!

ciao

Ale

That's a mighty good looking Tomcat! The weathering is just right. Quick question about the exhausts - typically when parked the starboard exhaust would be closed and the port open. "Typically" being the operative word as the mechs working on it would open or close both depending on the work they were doing so you would find Tomcats parked in all exhaust nozzle configurations. Was curious to your choice of both open