Lindberg OS 2U Kingfisher.

Sometimes the missus is right I am a complete A**e,I got her matt coated(the model not the missus) and instead of just fitting the canopy and 

accepting it was a poor fit had to tinker on sanding,scraping and finally snapping the Bl***y thing,so another dead end build I'm afraid,just to add

to the gloom I missed today's GB deadline for my two Phantom's,never mind in the best traditions of James Bond I will return a few days away

from the bench should re-charge the batteries and I really need to spend time sorting the garden out for it's winter hibernation.

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 2
  • Sad 6

1 minute ago, Courageous said:

To coin a Queen lyric "another one bites the dust". Bad luck Steve.

Stuart

As I said from the start Stuart only six quid so not a great loss!

• Like 1

On 10/6/2019 at 4:14 PM, stevej60 said:

I got her matt coated(the model not the missus) and instead of just fitting the canopy and 

accepting it was a poor fit had to tinker on sanding,scraping and finally snapping the Bl***y thing,so another dead end build I'm afraid

Hate to see a kit so close to the finish line run into a serious mishap. 😕

Not sure if you've already scrapped this build for good, but I know there is a Falcon/Squadron vacform canopy set for the Airfix kit, it might be worth checking to see if it could solve your problem.

The other option is reassembling the broken kit part and using it as a master (with clay or putty backup) to smash-form a replacement.

• Like 1