Lindberg OS 2U Kingfisher.

Hi folk's,suprise suprise I found a couple of kits on the cheap and in keeping with breathing new life into old kits phase I'm in got hold

of a Lindberg Kingfisher.By all accounts despite being as old as Airfix's kit it is the better of the two,when it arrives I'll know the truth,

£6 no great loss if it's a dog!

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 3

Hi Folk's two kits arrived yesterday this one really surprised me,yes it's basic but compared to Airfix's kit much the better of the two.

recessed lines and apart from a mold fault on the front portion beautiful glazing.

20190906_091945

I don't think it's going to give me a hard time at all,little tarting up of the front office and a half decent paint job I think this could

be a fun build,you can see the blemish on the glazing but the painted framing will hide most of it,Hell for six quid who's complaining!

20190906_092809

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 12

3 minutes ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

This is mine that I finished back in 2007 (in the markings of 3OTU RAAF)

That certainly looks great Ray,love the scheme I think I've seen a bright yellow scheme on an Australian machine too.

36 minutes ago, Courageous said:

With all that glazing, that cockpit must be shouting out for some detail :wink:.

Stuart

The rear section has an insert with a fair bit of molded detail Stuart,the cockpit is empty so I'll add detail to it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Morning folk's got a bit done on this one,trimmed the seat's down from the "thrones" supplied and added consoles either side of

the pilot's seat,tape belts a bit of painting and a few decals give it a busy look.should get her primed next time the airbrush is out.

20190915_105502

• Like 12

Afternoon folks,A touch filler was needed here and there then the undersides sprayed light gray,I found an interesting FAA scheme

for a 1943 machine looks like stock USN colours of light blue/gray over Light gray I should be able to cobble together the RN titles

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235025038-vought-os2u-kingfisher-warpaint-series-no111-guideline-publications/

20190918_114258

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 13

9 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Afternoon folks,A touch filler was needed here and there then the undersides sprayed light gray,I found an interesting FAA scheme

for a 1943 machine looks like stock USN colours of light blue/gray over Light gray I should be able to cobble together the RN titles

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235025038-vought-os2u-kingfisher-warpaint-series-no111-guideline-publications/

20190918_114258

Looking good Steve

• Like 2

Morning folk's,always nice when a model gets its identity,cobbled together roundels and RN title just the code to make up now.

Time to paint the glazing but a dry run shows a tweak here and there needed.

20190920_103954

• Like 10