1/8 Heller Ty 125

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngso here are some of the sprue from the Heller Ty 125 kit. The are very nicely moulded. In stead of vinyl tube you get a vinyl sprue(black) for the cables that have to be held in place between the parts they connect to rather than pushed on. The bottom pic(figure 10) shows how you make the 2 rear shocks using the piece of wire and the jig, nice but I will see how they turn out before probably dipping into my toolroom box of springs. Looks like a very good kit so let's get started with the piston head fins which are a separate parts a nice touch spacer.pngremove the horrible chrome from the wheels and other parts and set up my nice little compressor and airbrush spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 1

The chrome parts with this model have another layer of unknown underneath which I've not yet removed, I'm looking on the Internet as we speak on how to remove this and have seen people basically melting the plastic so I will stop where I am. I will post pics of how they look(orange lol) I think you can see the orange colour in the previous picture but that is another layer as I can scratch it with my nail

Edited by Joel Abery
Need to add more

spacer.pngso started engine and the frame yesterday afternoon, no problems apart from the instructions lol. The moulding is very good and parts fit nicelyspacer.pngas I mentioned with dechromeing(is that a word lol) I am left with this other layer, you can see the clear to off white plastic underneath, no idea what this layer is but I have seen some horrible results of people trying to remove it, I will micromesh the parts before undercoat and hopefully it will have no ill effects later in life of the model(I am getting on a bit so I won't see it if it does happen lol). Cheers friends and if anyone does know about this layer please pass it on to me and other modellers my thanks

Joel 

I have had some success removing the varnish layer under the 'chrome' by soaking the parts in brake fluid.  You could try this with a few offcuts from the sprue to make sure it softens the varnish before risking the parts themselves, but the brake fluid shouldn't attack the plastic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

spacer.pngsorry about the tamiya tape, making a little progress. Really not feeling it with this build as I had such high expectations . It is a good kit but the way they have made the instructions is challenging lol and it is a kit that needs time and mods to make it a super model. That said I will finish her and I'm sure when more comes together I will feel it again. Cheers my friends 

Joel 

• Like 2