Kingfishers

21 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Yes i built that a few years ago with all the Cutting edge goodies. I wound up adding a brass spar as well as brass pins for the main float. I remember sanding the living heck out of the interior to make it all fit.  Need to dig it out and photograph it maybe touch up the paints as well. I did it with rattle cans before i got my airbrushes. 

Yeah I can imagine how fragile they’ll be even with the tougher resin from cutting edge.

19 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

The detail looks lovely and the colour looks bang on. When a cockpit set gets that big though you wonder why they don’t just do a replacement fuselage.

Regards,

Adrian

Considering how much effort is required.  I mean why not just do a whole new kit right?

• Like 2

49096603636_435a20ec77_b.jpg

49096800272_809004934d_b.jpg

Closed up the fuselage and I think I should have thinned out the sidewalls more.

Easier at this point to shim and fill I think.

Sooooooo finicky and time consuming, really want to move along with this build but the mojo is fading.  

At least I can see some light on the horizon.

• Like 5

Great progress! I too am usually dispirited by this phase of seam filling, filing and sanding. But it's also when we see what resembles the final shape of the model.

Looking forward to the next update.

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This looks great so far, all that cockpit detail looks lovely.  Good to see the fuselage together. Hope you get a chance to do some work on this as it will be great to see this progress.  I hope your Mojo is okay too.

Keep up the good work

All the best

Chris