1/48 Tamiya Mosquito F.B. VI "Hairless Joe"

• 8 months later...
4 hours ago, crobinsonh said:

Superb build. Love the attention to detail. This build should be pinned for Mossie fans IMO.

Funny you say that.  I’m building the Tamiya  32nd kit and I’ve got this build saved and have been looking at it frequently.  Truly a great job.  

On 12/24/2019 at 1:59 PM, Anthony in NZ said:

Hi Andy, I have been  a silent follower of this build since you started.  Just lovely work and an inspiration for me with my own 1/24 Airfix kit. 

Like you I am involved with a Mosquito restoration and it's great to have such reference material to study.  We have FB-VI HR339/TE758(NZ2328), a composite restoration to be completed as the HR339 identity.  She is an ex 487 combat vet.

Anyway I digress, keep up the awesome work.  I have made more mods to the shape and parts of the Airfix kit than I care to remember.  Sometimes I think...'should I' then I look at what you are doing in 48th and realize I can if you can do this in this scale, then I can do it in twice the size!  My build is on LSP and has been going for several years LOL.  Finally fixed the outer wing profiles.

Looking forwad to your next update

Cheers Anthony

I’m bumping an old thread, but I was involved in it to, with you that make three of us in this thread who were involved in Mosquito restorations. I was part of the Alberta Aviation Museum’s restoration/conversion of Hairless Joe.

5 hours ago, Scooby said:

I’m bumping an old thread, but I was involved in it to, with you that make three of us in this thread who were involved in Mosquito restorations. I was part of the Alberta Aviation Museum’s restoration/conversion of Hairless Joe.

Oh awesome, I always wondered how you guys cut and spliced that airframe up to turn her into an FB?

I was a little distracted this past weekend myself.

L0ofMj.jpg

QkD7Y6.jpg

Cheers

Anthony

• Like 2