BOAC Mosquito

BlackBart

Evening all,

I'm just working on the Tamiya 1/48 Mosquito B Mk.IV and I will be finishing it with the Vingtor decals sheet featuring the BOAC markings for G-AGFV.

Well it's coming along nicely but as I get closer to applying the decals I'm beginning to wonder about airframe stencils,

the Vingtor instructions make no mention of them and I was wondering if this aircraft carried any at all.

Do you guys have any idea?

BlackBart

Well, the aircraft was repainted from its RAF delivery scheme. I have a few photos of G-AGFV before it entered service with BOAC, and after its emergency landing in Sweden. None of these reveal any factory stencils.

Please show us photos of your finished model. If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them (that is, if I have the answers).

Nils

• Like 2

Hi Nils,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm doing her in the later scheme (extra dark sea/dark slate) and I could not find any clear pictures of her, so, I guess that when she was repainted they didn't bother replacing the stencils.

Well that's what I'm going with (makes the job a bit easier as well). I'll post up some pictures when I'm done.

Love you're decals by the way, I'm a big fan of Scandanavian subjects and in Particular Norwegian, I have you're Sabre, Starfighter and F-16 sheets in my stash.

All the best,

BlackBart