This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

RidgeRunner

Telford 2019

47 minutes ago, spruecutter96 said:

Does anyone know what happened in the toilets near the Kit Swap at about 3:45 on Saturday? I walked by the toilets at that time and there were two security fellas stopping people from going in. Just before that, I spotted an ambulance with its blue lights on, moving across the car-park. Are the two things related by chance?

Chris. 

Best guess would be someone was taken ill, or had fallen and got some potentially serious injury.

Whatever hapened, an ambulance with blue lights on is a sad reminder someone's in trouble.

More Telford pics....

The horror, the horror.....

IMG_20191110_104242867

Good looking Valiant & X-15 from Austria....

IMG_20191110_105407139_HDR

Weird & wonderful 1:144 scale - liked the Anigrand Aurora ( in technical terms - "the black one"  -  and the Big White Thing Who's Name Escapes Me

IMG_20191110_110657378

I really enjoyed the annual mooch around SMW this year. Lots of superb models to inspire and impress (and encouragement to finish mine off).

I was a little disappointed when the Airfix leak was announced, as I'd been quite excited about what it might be (but not enough to have to take extra meds) and I wasn't as excited about going after that.

I was happy that the Vulcan will please so many and hopefully do well for Airfix too, but the dark side of my mind wandered into thoughts like 'won't it just be two parts - top and bottom?'.

Anyway I was glad that when I saw it, it certainly looked the part and came with a tail, undercarriage set and crew access ladder too😉. (It looked suitably more complex than my dark fears suggested and I loved the wing leading edge kinks).

Big thanks also to Nick at the Harrier SIG stand for leaving a baggage pod to pick up.

Too many great models on show to list. 

I was pleasantly surprised by the 32nd scale Italeri F35A in the competition area and it gave me hope that their forthcoming 32nd Scale Tornado GR4 might be pretty good too? Will have to wait and see.

In the style of Jesse's diets:-       This year,.. I arr mostly been buyin'.............brushes!

On 11/11/2019 at 2:11 PM, perdu said:

I will duck out of the evergreen discussion about judging except to add how pleasant it was to see the National Champion model

An aeroplane exquisitely made and displayed

Well done champ

What was it?

Andy

FW200 (Kurier?) Prewar civil livery on dio base in a large enough scale to be enjoyed

Apologies for less than optimum description but I was struggling to get around at all over the weekend  :(

There must be zillions of pictures around, maybe on youtube

On 11/11/2019 at 10:02 PM, perdu said:

I hope this beautifully posed and completed model got some recognition

I my few forays around the tables this is one  I unfortunately missed

It took me a long time to find it - the sly old Martian had moved it to the corner table at the back, along with CC's Rocs and some of Heather's Belgian and French aircraft. Unfortunately I missed @Heather Kay, as I did @AdrianMF , @general melchett, and quite a few others - next time!

My only real complaint about the entire weekend was the poor lighting in the competition area. I tried taking pics of quite a few but only got shadows!

Oh, and the taxis........( @perdu and @Tomoshenko).

Ian

31 minutes ago, limeypilot said:

next time!

Let’s hope so! :)

@Martian Hale and @corsaircorp had cooked up a scheme to get four Rocs at the show. My tiddler was invited to bolster the numbers. I brought some friends to keep it company in the carry case. 

Unfortunately I missed Heather Kay, as I did AdrianMF , general melchett, and quite a few others - next time!

A lot of ducking and diving Ian...as usual, I was all over the gaff, (the price of infamy I'm told), so missed a few folks. Every time I got back to our table I was informed that so and so was looking for me, (probably debt related!) and ended up chasing my own tail.  Sorry to have missed you but as you say, next time... 

13 hours ago, Red Dot said:

What was it?

Andy

I found one on my own phone, go figure

And enjoy

20191110-095223.jpg

A Condor it seems, got me types muddled maybe

20191110-095232.jpg

A deserving champ I avow

What made it all the more remarkable is that it is the twenty year old Koster vacform kit. The airline pamphlet was a work of art too showing the work involved, superb stuff!

Mike

thanks very much. I missed it but it looks amazing!

Andy

On 11/13/2019 at 11:35 AM, Heather Kay said:

Let’s hope so! :)

@Martian Hale and @corsaircorp had cooked up a scheme to get four Rocs at the show. My tiddler was invited to bolster the numbers. I brought some friends to keep it company in the carry case. 

Thank again Heather !!

Here's the proof !!

On 11/13/2019 at 2:50 PM, general melchett said:

A lot of ducking and diving Ian...as usual, I was all over the gaff, (the price of infamy I'm told), so missed a few folks. Every time I got back to our table I was informed that so and so was looking for me, (probably debt related!) and ended up chasing my own tail.  Sorry to have missed you but as you say, next time... 

But you hold your time with gallantry my Dear General...

A kind of big push !! or the consequences of a big push... Perhaps !!🤣

CC

On a serious note, it was a wonderful weekend. The highlight for me was the BM meet up, I really was blissfully happy. It was lovely to meet up with the usual suspects. OK that's the serious bit over, I shall now return to my more usual activities of spreading insanity and mayhem.

Martian 👽

On 15 November 2019 at 11:40 PM, Martian Hale said:

On a serious note, it was a wonderful weekend. The highlight for me was the BM meet up, I really was blissfully happy. It was lovely to meet up with the usual suspects. OK that's the serious bit over, I shall now return to my more usual activities of spreading insanity and mayhem.

Martian 👽

It certainly was! martian, but I didn't know about the BM meet :(. Next time :)

Martin

Edited by RidgeRunner

3 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

I didn't know about the BM meet :(. Next time :)

Me too 😪

On 11/12/2019 at 6:43 PM, NorbertBu said:

Hi, it was my fourth year on a row that I visited Telford and it is always a lot of fun and sure worth the long trip.

Only Thing, I cannot find a Picture report of the Show, where I can have a look at the models I missed. I am doing a picture report myself on the german www.Flugzeugforum.de

but other than that I don't find another one. Where do I have to look?

Especially I am looking for a Picture of a Diorama in the Competition, showing a 1/72 scale BAe Jetstream with a black Limousine and two Police bikes called "UFO". It won Gold in its category.

cheers,

Norbert

Eventually there should be pictures on the IPMS (UK) website.

https://ipmsuk.org/

20 hours ago, wavodavo said:

Any reason why the Bomber Command 1936-1968 haven't had any V-bombers on display for the last couple of years?

Just not been their Telford theme.

On 11/12/2019 at 10:19 PM, bobsyouruncle said:

I was pleasantly surprised by the 32nd scale Italeri F35A in the competition area and it gave me hope that their forthcoming 32nd Scale Tornado GR4 might be pretty good too? Will have to wait and see.

Thank you. That F-35 was mine.... 

But I can tell you only one thing about it.... Italeri kit never more. They are making kits like before 30 years.... 

Terrible plastic parts and surface, no details. Bad plastic.... I was build this kit almost 2 years....

v0mmrSp.jpg

Edited by Honza K.