This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

RidgeRunner

Telford 2019

I'll be hanging with reprobates of the Ipswich branch thanks to an invite by Julien, having bribed him with the promise of home made chocolate cookies. :)

I've travelled from the Scottish Borders today and am staying in the Lake District tonight. I am bringing one build for the show and it's storage box takes up the complete width of the car's rear seat. Luckily, I will be leaving the build (and box) behind when I leave Telford on Sunday and will have a huge amount of space to fill up with new kits.

Dave

4 minutes ago, Shar2 said:

I'll be hanging with reprobates of the Ipswich branch thanks to an invite by Julien, having bribed him with the promise of home made chocolate cookies. :)

There goes the neighbourhood.

8 hours ago, davecov said:

I've travelled from the Scottish Borders today and am staying in the Lake District tonight. I am bringing one build for the show and it's storage box takes up the complete width of the car's rear seat. Luckily, I will be leaving the build (and box) behind when I leave Telford on Sunday and will have a huge amount of space to fill up with new kits.

Dave

Now I'm picturing the halls at Telford like the aftermath of a music festival with piles of abadoned models...

before I have to drive back up

With all the flooding in the North of England you may have to check availability with Cal Mac. 😁

I'm coming up from the South and I'm already planning various routes to avoid the number of River Severn crossing I usually have to do. 

Well the sun is shining  the car is ready to be loaded( too much stuff) the pigs are in a row and ready to fly.

Enjoy enjoy.

Vulcans to you all

Apologies if this has already been covered elsewhere of if this thread is not the correct place for this bit does anyone know if Kingkit in Shifnal, just down the road from Telford is opening to the public over this coming weekend?

Thought I'd ask just in case I cant get enough of a plastic fix at Telford on Saturday :syringe::hypnotised: 

35 minutes ago, Pauly Block said:

Apologies if this has already been covered elsewhere of if this thread is not the correct place for this bit does anyone know if Kingkit in Shifnal, just down the road from Telford is opening to the public over this coming weekend?

Thought I'd ask just in case I cant get enough of a plastic fix at Telford on Saturday :syringe::hypnotised: 

I've picked up kits from there a couple of times. My impression is the set up is almost exclusively mail order as there's nothing on display once you enter the front door (which was locked on both my visits). I'd recommend perusing the website and placing an order rather than waiting for the weekend.

I have always been impressed with their service (no connection to the company) too.

Edge

51 minutes ago, Pauly Block said:

does anyone know if Kingkit in Shifnal, just down the road from Telford is opening to the public

Checking their website tells me that they're not open to the public, but you can pick up an order from them. I don't imagine that they'll change that policy, and there's no announcement on their website to say that they have.

I normally find it warm but I run hot anyway and have never worn a jacket unless wet when queuing and that goes back to the car with the first stash! 

On 06/11/2019 at 17:38, keefr22 said:

Oh so familiar. And my vet practice manager daughter is 31, so I've had 8 more years to get familiar with it! :rofl:

Keith

Know it well 11 yr old who tells me am not 'Tech' Savvy until she wants a new tablet  ????

Well I'm checked in at the International Hotel right next to the Exhibition Hall. Had an excellent drive up from deepest Dorset.

Anyone else staying in this hotel or the Holiday Inn right next door? Would be good to meet some folks!

Terry

5 minutes ago, Terry1954 said:

Well I'm checked in at the International Hotel right next to the Exhibition Hall. Had an excellent drive up from deepest Dorset.

Anyone else staying in this hotel or the Holiday Inn right next door? Would be good to meet some folks!

Terry

Hi Terry I'm going to be there all over the weekend MR AERO will have a display there if you pop and say hello

3 minutes ago, Paulaero said:

Hi Terry I'm going to be there all over the weekend MR AERO will have a display there if you pop and say hello

I'll do just that!

35 minutes ago, Terry1954 said:

Terry

I'd love to say yes, Terry, but it'll be tomorrow before I turn finals for Telford ;)

Martin

In our AirBnB in Shrewsbury with tea bought from M&S, ready for the off tomorrow. 

On 11/5/2019 at 9:34 PM, VMA131Marine said:

Hmmm .... what colour(s) did you use?

It was just black - in powder form, applied with a soft brush...

....it produced a convincing enough effect for the judges!:yahoo:

8 hours ago, Tim R-T-C said:

Now I'm picturing the halls at Telford like the aftermath of a music festival with piles of abadoned models...

There were a couple of occasions at Stoneleigh when some built models were left littering the competition tables...

....in one instance, the owner had entered them himself on the Saturday, but wasn't able to attend on the Sunday...

....unfortunately, the fellow club member who was meant to gather them up and take them back completey forgot!

I think the other time was an international entrant who simply didn't want the hassle of taking them back with him...

Best Beloved and I will be travelling up tomorrow (Saturday), and hope to spend most of the day at the show on Sunday. 

I keep checking for flood alerts, but it does appear the Telford area will be fairly clear.

I hear the cat has been let out of the bag regarding Airfiix’s new release let’s say it’s  a V shape and dropped bombs on Port Stanley airfield and not 1/48 scale lol

29 minutes ago, kev67 said:

I hear the cat has been let out of the bag regarding Airfiix’s new release let’s say it’s  a V shape and dropped bombs on Port Stanley airfield and not 1/48 scale lol

Yup, the cat was well and truly let out of the bag, and last seen screaming up the M62....... There's a thread elsewhere. 

Wish I could be there! One of those occasions that crops up every year when I wish the flight from Melbourne was about 20 hours shorter and an awful lot cheaper!

So from someone who wishes he was there to those who will be - safe travels (what are these 'floods' people are talking about?), don't overspend the budget by too much, have fun, and post lots of photos for the rest of us to see!

3 minutes ago, zebra said:

I wish the flight from Melbourne was about 20 hours shorter and an awful lot cheaper!

Having just done the flight from Nth Qld via Brisbane, I totally support this.

TV News coverage of the floods looks disastrous. We could use some of your rain to extinguish our bushfires.

Travel safely, folks.

Rog

Well I’m going to set out (ooh, ah, later today) from London at 6am with my daughter and see what happens. Should we be packing water wings?

Regards,

Adrian