Aoshima Mazda RX-7 FC3S

All done now. There's a WIP in the WIP section of this site.

Pros:

Engine included (In this version anyway - not all Aoshima FC3S are the same), Not entirely a full engine more like a top half and a moulded-into-chassis bottom that meet correctly - It's clearly an addition to a previously curbside kit, but good enough to get a very good result nonetheless. Nearly all parts fit together perfectly. Good detail on interior and doors (not a tub). Good detail on underside. Headlights can be made open or closed. Indicators and brake lights moulded in orange/red. Window masks included.

Cons:

Odd moulding choice of the entire front bumper rubbing strip in transparent orange, so it has to be masked and painted body colour.. The fact this is a "con" shows just how few flaws this kit has. Not sure why any of the rubbing strips/trim are moulded seperatly anyway. Also, windscreen wipers are straight and do not conform to the curve of the screen. No normal number plate decals included, just Initial-D.

Verdict:

Very recommended. High quality, lots of detail, perfect fitment, well proportioned, good ride height without lowering. Has a body kit so for my tastes, more interesting than the Tamiya version which is stock body spec but more likely has a better moulded engine.

Build notes:

It took me a month to build this one. Changes to the original kit are: Changed wheels for Aoshima 18 inch BBS Type DTM. P/E rear speaker mesh and chrome rings from a R35 GT-R P/E set. Changd number plates for thinner P/E ones. Metal exhaust tip. Carpets in the interior and boot. Luggage straps in boot. Seatbelt retainers. rear brace, lots of extra details in the engine bay. The exterior is Halfords rattle-can VauxhallBreeze Blue clearcoated with Mr Hobby Gloss. The interior is two-tone Tamiya TS-67 IJN Grey and Tamiya AS-25 Dark Ghost Grey.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

That's rather lovely! I really like the colour and it and the wheels really suit the car - did you spray direct from the rattle can or decant and airbrush it?

Really nice model!

Keith

Thanks. It's direct from a rattle-can. It's not a perfectly smooth finish but better than usual as it had about 10 light coats rather than 3 or 4 thicker ones.

• Like 1

Very nice like this a lot. Some colours seem to suit certain car's and you nailed it with your choice. The wheels look great too. One of the best builds I've seen on here imo 👍