Away with the Faireys

Hi BlackAck!

Welcome to the GB! Nice to see a classic matchbox kit as your choice! Looking forward to see it started.

Cheers

Jaime

Jockney, correct.  A Seafox from Ajax took part in the Battle of the River Plate.  In terms of the scheme I'm going to do, I haven't definitely picked yet.  I'm leaning towards an camouflaged aircraft carried by HMS Canton based off a photo that I found in the IWM archives, but then again, there's another photograph of a pre-war Seafox assigned to HMS Galatea that might be good too in silver. Decisions, decisions

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Now that my Frog GB has finally hopped off the workbench, I can make some progress on the 'fox.

48772481396_4465db353e_c.jpg

Floats built and thanks to excellent info provided by @Courageous, I've added extra detail in the form of control horns to the float rudders from thin wire as well as mooring rings added to the float noses.

48772501896_338dccb048_c.jpg

Using styrene and spare decals, I've tried my best to replicate the interior as seen in the Aeroplanatomy article.  Before I glue the halves together, it looks like I'll have to add a floor.

Edited by BlackAck
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...