British Army FV107 Scimitar

Richard E

A beginner's question from a bewildered newcomer to the world of armour modelling.

During its life the British Army's FV107 Scimitar has acquired a new diesel engine, weapons sights, radio fit and additional mine protection: were all the changes made across the whole fleet and is there a timeline showing when they were introduced into service ? 

In addition, what time period is represented by the AFV Club Scimitar  kit out of the box - I'm guessing late eighties or early nineties  ?

Many thanks 

My guess Richard is that the AFV Club kit represents a early to mid 90's wagon mate, the changes done were so severe they were probably trickled through 

quite quickly, front line BAOR units being the first to get the new diesel engine CVRT's then UKLF, as and when they had stocks or during major servicing.

Small modifications would of been done at unit level but these would require base workshops support. 

The modified CVRT's would be treated almost as a new vehicle type at unit level, requiring the troops to be updated on maintenance etc, etc. 

I'm sure some of the CVRT guys will know better and put you on the right direction.

Regards

Dan  

• Like 1