Cyber-Hobby (Dragon) SH-3D Sea King 1/72

I was going to build the Italeri HSS-1 next, but I realized I had not purchased the after market accessories that I wanted for it, so I ordered them and built the Cyber-hobby (Dragon) Sikorsky SH-3D Sea King kit instead. This kit seems closer to a 3A to me with the short horizontal stabilizer  and some other features, but it comes with a lot of extra parts so probably several versions could be built. It also gives you the option to display the rotor either open or folded, so I went with the folded version to save space and I never did them before. You get 3 decal options implemented with Cartograf decals that worked excellently with no silvering. Fit was very good and the transparencies were very clear and distortion free. I also used the Eduard interior.  The only comment I would make on the decals was they are very tightly packed on the sheet, making cutting out individual ones difficult. They also tended to want to stick to the first position they were placed, but would be coaxed to move with some pursuance. The torpedoes did not come with the kit and are from my spares. 

So, here it is.

E6XtGot4_o.jpg

w3B5pxEh_o.jpg

5yC4oOkC_o.jpg

IlPai6In_o.jpg

AI5Z44Fa_o.jpg

pfmgn7PK_o.jpg

BKh5wQP3_o.jpg

Note I noticed while posting the pictures that I forgot to remove the masking from the front landing lights, but I just went and fixed that.

Next up will be the Italeri HSS-2 Seabat, and I really mean it this time.

Enjoy

• Like 14

Really like the build. Love a good helicopter every once in a while. Problem is that I would build them with the blades out so finding somewhere to put them would be an issue. I'm always eyeing one of Airfix's Sea Kings in 1/72. 

I don't usually display carrier aircraft with folding wings, but I had a tight space for this one so I figures, "why not" and I like the effect. It just would have been nice if they had supplied the supports.

Thanks

Howard

9 minutes ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

The folding blade option looks great.

I wish more manufacturers gave that option

Thanks

Howard

• Like 1