1/72 Airifx sdkfz 7 tractor diorama with figures

Hello chaps hope we are well!

First post for about 6 months on BM i've decided to join this fine group build to try and get my mojo back.. Too many long winded builds.

So even though it is a little late in the day to be starting (i hope this will motivate me!) I've decided that an airfix classic tool is the way to a stress free build, The sdkfz 7 tractor and 88mm gun are from the airfix ''D-DAY'' boxing.. i have decided to omit the included figures and the 88! and i intend to portray the sdkfz 7 at rest on some sort of diorama base i am hoping that a couple of figures from Caesar will add some life to my small vignette!

The kit

UELD6et.jpg

The figures

spacer.png

Many thanks chaps! :)  

Edited by degsye39
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning chaps.. Thanks for stopping by, finally getting a bit of progress made on this one!  Wheely good fun! ;)

Robert i am rather surprised at just how well this is going together i love these oldschool airfix jobbies! i am hoping to have a coat of paint on by monday night!

Lawzer the plastic is okay but not as hard is it looks when attacked with a file, no problems so far though an enjoyable build!

Will give another update soon chaps!

Have a great weekend! 

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi lawzer thanks for stopping by!

I would of liked to of maybe have made the camo a tad thinner but the painting guide in the airfix d-day set is a heller item and very vague, I had to kind of guess the finish by using google image search.. Still i think a bit of matt varnish will tone everything down i hope!

Thoroughly enjoyable kit to build my only gripe was that the chassis was twisted :( i had to tack it in place with super glue! Im getting there and hoping to make the sunday finish!

spacer.png

I made a start on the diorama last night too! Im going to try and spruce things up ;) with some foliage later!

Thanks and godspeed everyone!

• Like 2

Bit more progress on this one what a superb kit for 1967! I've not come across an airfix classic that i haven't enjoyed yet, I've cut out some front windows from clear plastic card as i think this will help bring the build up a bit!

spacer.png

Hoping i can time this all right and get finito for sunday night!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the kind words chaps!

Sadly she wont be making the gallery tonight.. i've had issues with getting the vinyl tracks on and manage to snap off the drive wheels! Doh! :o I seem to of cleared the hump now so the finished item will end up in here soon!

Also i haven't finished my figures i've still got a few pouches and belt buckles/straps to paint!

Well done to all those who made the gallery! Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1