Revell 458 Italia

3rd car i have done,   i feel this has been the best one so far for me!

Tamiya spray can worked really well on the body.

clear parts are still tricky to keep clean - maybe i should wear gloves😁

resized_98d45526-1809-4259-bbfc-7f8e8cc5

resized_0a57b440-2724-4ec0-a2cc-13e50a7d

resized_6103078a-6036-4e7d-a668-c07cdcc5

resized_43a1191f-d87e-4430-a588-a814821b

Edited by andmarsh
new links
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

How old is your copy Andy if its in black & white...?! :rofl:

Keith

Not sure Keith but I know I had it before my free bus pass !!

• Haha 1

Looks like it was Google that was breaking the links.  To get more traffic, I'd just hit "Edit" on the initial post and put the new Village Photo hosted pics in there, as people might see the busted links and leave before it occurs to them to scroll down :)

• Thanks 1

I tend to handle the clear parts only when fitting and if they're being painted then the get stuck on. a cocktail stick with some blu-tack.  If I remember I will also wear gloves, nothing worse than constantly cleaning finger prints off etc.  (The Ferrari I built last I ended up putting a dirty big thumb print in the lacquer which needed remedial action)

Wheel colour doesn't do it for me personally, but you've achieved a great result.

Overall: Some really nice work and a lovely build result 👏

• Like 1

Now that I can see the pics, this looks like a good end result. You can definitely see how you are making good progress with each model. :thumbsup:

I'd definitely second Cooper's suggestion about the gloves - i got a cheap pair of white cotton gloves and find it very useful for handling a polished body of the glass. Only one gloved hand though as they do limit manual dexterity a bit, and I have precious little of that in the first place.

• Like 1

Well if that's only your 3rd car build you should be very proud smashing build. Wearing gloves is a must for protecting your clear parts and paintwork the damage caused by a fingerprint always amazes me and usually at the end of a build ! Looking forward to seeing your next project 👍

• Like 1