1/72 - Aérospatiale SA-316B Alouette III by Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) (Heller plastic) - released

Homebee

Surely not Heller rebox right ... That kit is very difficult to put together as the glazing and fuselage don't mate properly .

Edited by Basuroy

5 hours ago, Basuroy said:

Surely not Heller rebox right ... That kit is very difficult to put together as the glazing and fuselage don't mate properly .

Hi Basuroy,

Unfortunately knowing the KP/AZ track record of utilizing other manufacturer kits as base of their own kits I won't keep my breathing with better firring canopy than the Heller one. Just have a look of their Hughes/MD-500 family and compare it with the Italeri kit.

Cheers,

AaCee

• Like 1

That is very interesting indeed! But in order to make an ultimate Alouette it should be done with lots of resin for engine, super-transparencies and decent fret of PE pieces. I do not remember AZ being super-great on anything of that...

7 hours ago, MarkoZG said:

What makes you say "surely"? Based on what?

I didn't mean to say that I am dead certain but I do have a suspicion that might be the case - they have , over last 2 years , reboxed multiple kits(including some heller ) and none of these kits are up to modern standards. In fact their recently releases Cr.32 biplane kit , which they once claimed will be a new tool , is just a rehash of the ancient supermodel kit.

I feel AZ model as a brand is going down - I don't recall any top selling model from them since 2017 . Their last big hit was the bf-109 series ; over the last 12 months , I have only seen repops of their own old kits or reboxing other ancient kits. Other niche brands like IBG or Arma hobby which deliver far better product at lesser price have eaten into their share of the market ; KP is another eastern european brand that is floundering as well. 

Edited by Basuroy
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Basuroy said:

I didn't mean to say that I am dead certain but I do have a suspicion that might be the case - they have , over last 2 years , reboxed multiple kits(including some heller ) and none of these kits are up to modern standards. In fact their recently releases Cr.32 biplane kit , which they once claimed will be a new tool , is just a rehash of the ancient supermodel kit.

I feel AZ model as a brand is going down - I don't recall any top selling model from them since 2017 . Their last big hit was the bf-109 series ; over the last 12 months , I have only seen repops of their own old kits or reboxing other ancient kits. Other niche brands like IBG or Arma hobby which deliver far better product at lesser price have eaten into their share of the market ; KP is another eastern european brand that is floundering as well. 

Now KP and AZ is the same company...

On 8/31/2019 at 4:40 PM, AaCee26 said:

Hi Basuroy,

Unfortunately knowing the KP/AZ track record of utilizing other manufacturer kits as base of their own kits I won't keep my breathing with better firring canopy than the Heller one. Just have a look of their Hughes/MD-500 family and compare it with the Italeri kit.

Cheers,

AaCee

Indeed. I built the OH-6 of the AZ and it was a nice disapointment.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 11:21 AM, Basuroy said:

I built that Alouette and turned it into a Dutch SAR plane without much trouble. Put some extra detail on and in it and fiddled indeed a bit with the glasswork as i wanted to open part of it but I did not encounter any serious problems. Actually i had a lot of fun with the construction. Still have a few in my stash for other Dutch and South African Alouettes. A G-kar for one for which i have to cut away a lot of glass. Look forward!

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Two new KP reboxing from the old Heller 1/72nd Sud-Aviation SA.316 Alouette III kit expected in November 2021.

Source: https://www.modelarovo.cz/ceskotrebovsky-vehikl-2021-13-11-2021/

- ref. KPM0278 - Sud-Aviation SA.316 Alouette III - over Europe

KPM0278-box-768x561.jpg
KPM0278-kamo-768x523.jpg

248372770-4610922545669240-5323139574989

- ref. KPM0279 - Sud-Aviation SA.316 Alouette III - International

KPM0279-box-768x560.jpg
KPM0279-kamo-556x380.jpg

244511228-4610924255669069-8023097453753

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Aérospatiale SA-316B Alouette III by Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) (Heller plastic) - released - new boxings in November 2021
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Aérospatiale SA-316B Alouette III by Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) (Heller plastic) - released - new boxings

Small correction:

The Argentine Naval Aviation Alouette III in the offered scheme was not painted in olive green but Middle Grey (near FS16376) - no dayglo either but Orange (about FS12246) :)

The offered scheme was used when working as Pedro as part of ARA 25 de Mayo carrier Air Group

I have the Heller release - it's a beautiful little kit - eminently buildable

Cheers, Moggy

• Like 2

Built one of the Heller boxings of this, and while i found it quite a challenge and not wanting to build another, that Portuguese scheme!🤩 

• Like 2

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Aérospatiale SA-316B Alouette III by Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) (Heller plastic) - released