Old, new Starfighter Matchbox PK-28

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, CYA said:

Nice work restoring and improving this vintage model! I love what you did to the exhaust, all in styrene I guess?

Cheers,

Rob

I am glad that you like my relationship with the renewal and valorisation of this model.  I made all the additions from polystyrene.  I don't use photoetched or resin elements.  It's supposed to be pure vintage.

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, FPDPenguin said:

Fantastic work. I've often looked at job lots of models on various auction sites wondering if I could 'salvage' one or two. 

I think I might just give it a go looking at your work. 

I like and think that it is worth renewing such old models that are historical.  It requires more work than gluing a new model, but you are aware that by renewing such a historic model, you give it a second life and a second youth.

• Like 1

Welcome to the new year 2020 and wish you all the best for the new year.  My first post concerns self-made Starfighter cabin covers.  I made them on the cast hoof on the corrected original fairing of the set (improved windbreak frame).  For pressing I used a vacu box, a vacuum cleaner and a VIVAK 0.5mm colorless plastic plate.

AD212843-3147-41-E1-9493-BBD806-A99-EAB.
C3-A9-F621-0376-47-E9-A1-B2-8-D6-DE23-A9
4-B8221-A4-545-B-427-E-A39-D-F06-EABE836

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...