Zip da dee doo da! 1/48 kinetic F-104G Starfighter

10 hours ago, Thomas from ARC said:

Sure I can. But what has it to do with the fact, that the Kinetic kit has some issues, when they promote it as so excellent? I only pointed out some of my findings. Maybe you did not notice, that I did NOT criticize Habu12´s build, which is excellent, but the kit itself? Anyway, here we go, my latest two WIP´s (yes I also build tanks):

spacer.pngspacer.png

The T-64A is the Trumpeter kit, the M60A3 is the AFV Club kit, which will receive decals from the Revell kit, which has a Forest Green option included.

Thomas

Nice tanks!

You’re from ARC, aren’t you? What we’d like to see are your aircraft models. 😜

On 10/1/2019 at 8:17 AM, Thomas from ARC said:

The center part of the windscreen is off.

I dunno, Thomas; it looks like Kinetic got the windscreen pretty  close. See the attached photo. What do you think?

Mike

https://aerodynamicmedia.com/f-104g-starfighter-cockpit-offered-for-sale/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, 72modeler said:

I dunno, Thomas; it looks like Kinetic got the windscreen pretty  close. See the attached photo. What do you think?

Mike

https://aerodynamicmedia.com/f-104g-starfighter-cockpit-offered-for-sale/

In my opinion, the center glass part should end ROUGHLY where I drew the red line. This means the elliptical shape is different. At least in my eyes it looks off and combined with the other issues I see no additional value in this kit which justifies a replacement of the Hasegawa kit, in case somebody has it already. The Hasegawa it has this and the intake trunk shape correct. Nevertheless, your build looks excellent as I said before.

Let´s wait and see, how good the AMK kit will be, when it gets released in a few years.

Kit part picture is from Kitchecker, picture of the original is from the Daco F-104G book. For discussion only.

Thomas

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 10/1/2019 at 6:17 AM, Thomas from ARC said:

The center part of the windscreen is off. The glass should not extend so far to the corner. This leads to the issue that the frame on the left and right is too straight. Overall shape should be more elliptical. Some panel lines are wrong and the intake trunk should extend a little more to the wing rear. The kit is nice, but no need to replace the Hasegawa kit, if you have one.

Thanks, but not enough to not doff some Hase kits. They’re gone.

I don’t care one iota about that windscreen. 

I already got another one of these Kinetic kits coming. 👍🏼

Edited by Habu12