Westland Lysander airliner, modified 1/72 Pavla kit

I love the strange but somehow harmonious lines of the Lysander, always did and always will.

But I do not build military planes anymore.

Imagine my joy when I read, in a very old Fana magazine, that one was acquired to fly, under British registration, for Monaco Airways!

A frantic search and extensive consultation did not render any results, whatsoever.

Years passed, nothing else came up.

Days ago I saw that a new kit may be in the works according to BM's rumormonger.

So finally, since I only have four models in their final and most delicate stages, I decided to bring Lizzie to life, and bought the Pavla kit.

And I asked for the help of my French fellow modelers and friends.

48649768882_d1f855ee1f_b.jpg

• Like 5

Next thing I know, it's my French friends giggling at my new request of information, and politely telling me that I have been April-fooled.

Sacrebleu!

Unbeknown to me, Fana used to play this (cruel, cruel, cruel) joke on its readers every April.

Oh, the heartless French!

Mille tonnerres!

Do not, I repeat, do not try to console me alleging that there were those civil cropdusters that some modelers already replicated (there is one here at BM, somewhere).

I won't build what has been built already.

Hours (that seemed centuries) spent on the Net and books did not show any civil scheme other than those yellow cropdusters. How can that be!

To pull myself out of the misery of being fooled by those heartless Gauls, I bought a new Airfix Gloster Gladiator to finish it as a civil G-AMRK.

Paraphrasing The Who: Won't be fooled again!

• Like 2

Jeepers!  And I've been buying up old issues of Fana from the bay recently.  I must be careful not to fall into this pitfall as well.  At least existentially the plane did exist, even if only in your mind for the years you thought it was a real thing?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Moa said:

Next thing I know, it's my French friends giggling at my new request of information, and politely telling me that I have been April-fooled.

Sacrebleu!

Unbeknown to me, Fana used to play this (cruel, cruel, cruel) joke on its readers every April.

Oh, the heartless French!

Mille tonnerres!

Do not, I repeat, do not try to console me alleging that there were those civil cropdusters that some modelers already replicated (there is one here at BM, somewhere).

I won't build what has been built already.

Hours (that seemed centuries) spent on the Net and books did not show any civil scheme other than those yellow cropdusters. How can that be!

To pull myself out of the misery of being fooled by those heartless Gauls, I bought a new Airfix Gloster Gladiator to finish it as a civil G-AMRK.

Paraphrasing The Who: Won't be fooled again!

why not build it as an April Fools version? that would be a 'legitimate' reason to build her

rgds

John(shortCummins)

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, shortCummins said:

why not build it as an April Fools version? that would be a 'legitimate' reason to build her

rgds

John(shortCummins)

1 hour ago, Bronzemeister said:

even if only in your mind for the years you thought it was a real thing?

Hi John and fellow Californian:

It is, indeed, tempting, but there are so many planes to model (my list is in the hundreds, literally), that allocating time and effort for the laughs...seems not very rewarding at the moment.

Pity there are no other clear cut civil schemes (other than the mentioned cropdusters) for such an appealing plane. I have folders for dozens upon dozens of swords to ploughshares cases, but alas, no Lizzie there.

At least we had the laugh. A joke that waited -in my case- 35 years for a smile.