Christmas Blitzenbuild Chat

2 minutes ago, Johnson said:

Sounds crazy, but having been modelling for a while, I have completely lost track of what I have bought!:unsure:

Cheers,

As someone who has ended up finding they have 3 x BV222's in their stash I know exactly what you mean !

• Haha 5

Yup. I Certainly get that. How many Horizon Models Mercury launchers does one person need?

Anyway, the Blitzenbuild! Feliz Navidad from Castillo de Tura. A typical Christmas image:

191226a Christmas at Schloss Tura

Tree. Inuit chap hunting seals on the telly. Fevered preparation for Blitzbuild. I had thought, with four days of blitzbuild, I might try two, 2 x 12 hour builds. What with relatives and work and all that unfestive sort of nonsense going on, however, I've managed only to get a blitzbuild-pass for 24 hours starting at teatime on the 28th.  

This is the Belcher Bits' Polaris A1 or A2 kit beside the, now complete, last Blitzbuild failure: The Polaris A3.

191226b Bits and Polaris A3

The A1 & A2 kit has a choice of bodies and I think I prefer how the shorter A1 looks with the A3. The fit seems better than on the A3. I've got a side arm on the A3's stand for this one to sit on. I'm going to clean up the nozzles and get the very little remainder of casting blocks off before starting on 28/12/19. 

Alan

• Like 6

On 12/25/2019 at 10:23 PM, BIG X said:

@Enzo Matrix will clarify - but I'm doing a little snap together kit - so I don't see why the Airfix kits wouldn't be allowed - I think it's pretty much 'anything goes'.

On 12/25/2019 at 10:31 PM, Enzo Matrix said:

Is it a kit?  erm. yeh!  :D

I've built a number of Hobby Boss Easy Build kits in blitzbuilds before now.  I don't see why the Airfix kits would be any different.

Cheers lads, although I don't see this taking me longer than half an hour... 😕 Lol

Kind Regards,

Dazz

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

What a brillant, brilliant GB!

I'm enjoying it so much!

I thought that KUTA is the best idea ever, to fulfill a promise given to you granny in law at her dying bed to complete a kit that you started when she was a young lady and to which you have long lost all the interest... 

But this one - the challenge, the planning, the sense of a race against the time, the thrill! I'm absolutely loving it!

We absolutely must make it annual!

I decided to make another entry with YF-23, spice must flow!

• Like 5

Had a fun first day, good mojo boost for a kit I might never have built.

The new ruling on times has made things a lot more viable as I have to work tomorrow and family event in the evening.

Might have to think of something more creative for the next one...

• Like 2

I'm no stranger to building kits at a decent pace, more than a dozen for the FROG GB for instance. This GB was a bit of a revelation though. The effort and concentration required to build a humble Series 2 Airfix kit inside 24 hours really did surprise me.

I got there in time, but it was a close run thing. All kinds of time saving compromises were made which made me modify my modelling style quite a bit. I really did enjoy the challenge though and the final result looks just fine if you don't get too close!

Thanks for the opportunity to take part, next years GB's are already in the planning stage at this end.

Tony.

• Like 3

Sorry folk's having to skip this one,after the failed start Boxing day I was only left this and tomorrow morning to complete a kit which not

having a stash was down between Matchbox's Seafox and Tamiya's Mig 29,if and its a big if they are shedding hours at work I will find out

today if my name was drawn out for tomorrow which gives me a twelve hour slot to have a go,my eldest is visiting with the Grandson today

hence the lost morning as a penance he is bringing a little kit for me which will do the trick!

• Like 2

Hi folk's.Well as hoped for I got tomorrow off so hoping for an 8 AM start and be all done for 8PM.I raked around a box of kit parts and half finished

GB fails found a Revell Gannet I forgot I had so that's one for the in the navy GB next year it was when I saw the decal sheet I remembered  I had an

unboxed Zvezda TU-154 somewhere and I'm sure I cut her off the sprues but didn't make a start I'm sure two of the schemes were simple with an

interesting Yuri Gagarin training centre scheme with an all white fuselage fingers crossed I can find it for tomorrow.

• Like 5

I unfortunately wont be able to contribute to this GB. I had set aside the whole of the 27th for my build, I got up early full of energy but after a few hours I felt exhausted so I thought I'd take a quick nap before I start. The next thing I know it's 11pm at night, so my 24 hour build turned into a 24 hour siesta 😴 I'll still build my panzer doggo at some point, I'll post it in the Science Fiction section for those interested.

• Sad 1

Parts are washed.  I hope to knock this out tomorrow.  Kit was missing the decals, but after talking to someone that served on them sometimes they went out w/o markings.  So that will work for this one.  I'll probably try to get a set down the road, but I'm not going to let it stop me at the moment.

Now all the other crap that is going on...that may prove to be a different story.  I was actually hoping to build this on the 26th, but just haven't had time.

49290473138_1728653069_z.jpg

I had so much fun! My first Blitzbuild some years ago was a 1:72 Bf 109 in full Med 74/75/76+02 camouflage. I finished it, but it spooked me from trying another one for years. Then I realized this is a perfect way to build one of those minikits like the Cushman. No stress and immediate results at hand. What a great way to end a year! V-P

• Like 3

Enzo,

I've enjoyed this a lot as usual. I see that next Christmas' Blitzenbuild is scheduled for 25 - 27/12/20, missing the UK bank holiday on 28/12/20 (Boxing day being a Saturday).

She tells me I'm away for Christmas coming back on 27/12/20. So I'd really like to have the 28th included. Will any one be able to build on Christmas day itself? That is not a conversation with Mrs.Tura which I would relish,

Alan

• Like 1
  • Haha 1