Christmas Blitzenbuild Chat

On 13/12/2019 at 08:52, Paul821 said:

The envelopes posted earlier contained:

DSC04022

As this is the Christmas Blitzenbuild I thought I would do a seasonally themed build - a Boxing day hunt meet at a village inn. Please do not us this as an opportunity to debate the morals of fox-hunting but the fact is that the Boxing Day hunt does remain a major fixture in our local village.

White metal and card in 1:148 scale - far from the normal BM offering.

The build should be over the Friday and Saturday.

I've been on to the big H and EvilBay but cant find any Hunt Saboteurs in the right scale disappointingly !

Cheers Pat 

• Haha 1

On 21/12/2019 at 12:24, Hockeyboy76 said:

There’s been a slight change of build plan for me. 

Mrs H was out in Aber yesterday with a request to go to the LMS, and choose a kit for me to build in 24hrs. It will be wrapped and I will find out what it is next Saturday when I open it. 

Lets hope the big version of HMS Victory was on special when she went in.

Might be worth stocking up on Redbull as a contingency !

Cheers Pat 

• Haha 2

@Enzo Matrix we are being invaded by the outlaws over Christmas so the Blitzbuild comes with the additional challenge of not being caught and accused of being antisocial  !

Could i have permission to build in timed mini sections over the days not exceeding the 24 hours please. photo of time at start and finish of each section.

Grovellingly Pat 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

@JOCKNEY

:hmmm:     that seems like an entrely reasonable request.   In fact, I think we'll add that as an option to the rules for this and subsequent Christmas Blitzenbuilds.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

@Enzo Matrix we are being invaded by the outlaws over Christmas so the Blitzbuild comes with the additional challenge of not being caught and accused of being antisocial  !

Could i have permission to build in timed mini sections over the days not exceeding the 24 hours please. photo of time at start and finish of each section.

Grovellingly Pat 

Family? At Christmas? How rude!

It’s just not cricket! 

Tell them some of the recent jokes, they will probably let you go Blitzbuilding to get you to stop. 

Edited by Hockeyboy76
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

@JOCKNEY

:hmmm:     that seems like an entrely reasonable request.   In fact, I think we'll add that as an option to the rules for this and subsequent Christmas Blitzenbuilds.  

Oooo, now that opens up some more options. @nimrod54 may even manage to finish one :rofl::wicked:

Edited by Hockeyboy76
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

It's a shame that the GB doesn't run over Christmnas day, 'cos I have every intention of having a Pot Noodle for my Christmas dinner!   :D

Hey - You make the rules - why not start on Christmas day...

...my favourite is Chicken & Mushroom - KING pot size of course :)

• Haha 1

I don't make the rules...   for the Blitzbuild they are established by consensus.   (Have I spelled that correctly?  Never quite sure :fraidnot:   )

And I have to agree about the chcken and mushroom.  Althought I do pick out the bits of corn while they are dry and add a chicken Oxo.  What is it with added corn bits to food?  When they come out, they look exactly tha same as they did when they went in...  

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Good suggestion and great that @Enzo Matrix has approved it. I went into Corp' Jones mode after I was asked to volunteer for a task on Friday morning which made a mess of my planed 12+12+12 build - without the change I would have had to forego at least 6 hours sleep!

The other advantage to the rule change is that paint drying time can be removed from the build. This should allow me time to prime my white metal figures and apply more colours,

17 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

cant find any Hunt Saboteurs in the right scale disappointingly !

although not in 1:148 scale take a look at

http://www.langleymodels.co.uk/acatalog/info_F34.html

I will not be attempting to replicate the banner in my build!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dazzio said:

Evening All,

Just wondering if the Airfix Quick Build kits count for this? Been given 3 of them for Christmas. :)

Kind Regards,

Dazz

@Enzo Matrix will clarify - but I'm doing a little snap together kit - so I don't see why the Airfix kits wouldn't be allowed - I think it's pretty much 'anything goes'.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Dazzio said:

Just wondering if the Airfix Quick Build kits count for this? Been given 3 of them for Christmas. :)

Is it a kit?  erm. yeh!  :D

I've built a number of Hobby Boss Easy Build kits in blitzbuilds before now.  I don't see why the Airfix kits would be any different.

• Thanks 1

On 24/12/2019 at 15:38, IanHx said:

Thought about building an Angel Interceptor for this, but then realized it would take more than 24 hours of 'research' to decide whether it should be Destiny, Harmony or Rhapsody....  :)

What have Melody and Symphony done to upset you?

Hi Folks,

Being new to this (well fairly new...) and have no experience of a blitzenbuild, I shall sit this one out in the back row and enjoy the show and learn! :popcorn: <<<--- the obligatory popcorn!

Maybe next time for me?

Best wishes to all and have fun!

• Sad 1

55 minutes ago, Johnson said:

Hi Folks,

Being new to this (well fairly new...) and have no experience of a blitzenbuild, I shall sit this one out in the back row and enjoy the show and learn! :popcorn: <<<--- the obligatory popcorn!

Maybe next time for me?

Best wishes to all and have fun!

To be honest - non of us have done a Blitzenbuild build before - this is the first one - so why not dive in - anything goes :clap2:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Come on @Johnsonlets have no more fence-sitting please, you must have something suitable lurking in the stash.

16 minutes ago, BIG X said:

To be honest - non of us have done a Blitzenbuild build before - this is the first one - so why not dive in - anything goes :clap2:

Hi Pat and X .

Thanks for the invite, but to be honest I feel so knackered after the Flying Boats and Float Planes GB, and yesterday's :santa: festivities (groan... :sick: - I think maybe a pot noodle would have been better, but Mrs J had other ideas) that it's all I can do to turn on the laptop and follow the fun. The idea of starting a new kit makes me want to lie down...:sleep_1:

I'm also delving into my spares box trying to find out what's there and catalogue it. Sounds crazy, but having been modelling for a while, I have completely lost track of what I have bought!:unsure:

Cheers,

• Like 1