Christmas Blitzenbuild Chat

The envelopes posted earlier contained:

DSC04022

As this is the Christmas Blitzenbuild I thought I would do a seasonally themed build - a Boxing day hunt meet at a village inn. Please do not us this as an opportunity to debate the morals of fox-hunting but the fact is that the Boxing Day hunt does remain a major fixture in our local village.

White metal and card in 1:148 scale - far from the normal BM offering.

The build should be over the Friday and Saturday.

• Like 6

This took me wayy longer than expected to find this forum thread again! almost added myself to the BlitzkreigGB! 

So how many of us are planning on giving this a go? I think i will try the 24hrs over 2 days approach 

potential builds are anything in 1/72 with one engine, trying not to make a rod for my own back! 

Count me in. 

• Like 1

I'll be doing mine in a single 24 hour period.

Maybe I'll have a little Enzo inspiration and try to tackle a 2nd in a separate 24 hour period.....I should probably line up a backup just in case.  :hmmm:

Edit: After having a look through my stash on Scalemates, I'll probably ear mark a 1/72 MiG-15 for a secondary build if time allows (and I choose not to use the time to finish up some unfinished kits).

Edited by helios16v
  • Like 1

Hi All,

I was passing by a Lidl the other day and I thought I'd see if they had any cheap (£4.99)Airfix kits this year.  They had a Jet Provost, HMS Victory, Mary Rose and this...

49239809643_fa81fe6ba3_b.jpg

49240285776_3688ff7b09_b.jpg

and I thought that'll do nicely for the Blitzbuild and then it dawned on me that it was a NMF.  I struggle with metallic finishes - I've never done a good job in my opinion. Oh well, an extra challenge.

Dave.

Edited by Dave_R
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Dave_R said:

I struggle with metallic finishes

Don't we all?  But remember that the wings were painted in silver lacquer, so a simple coat of aluminium from an auto paint rattle can should suffice.

• Like 1

Haven’t missed a BlitzBuild yet. Undecided, but thinking it’s going to be something in 1/144 or Star Wars. Little H will be back with another Spitfire. Will have to be over the Saturday-Sunday as I have work Friday :violin:

• Like 2

Include me in.

I did new Airfix Spitfire as an early one in August and had a blast, so I’m going to go with the Tomahawk in the kit scheme with the flash through the roundel. I might drill out the guns and add seat belts - pretty well OOB compared to my regular builds!

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 2

There’s been a slight change of build plan for me. 

Mrs H was out in Aber yesterday with a request to go to the LMS, and choose a kit for me to build in 24hrs. It will be wrapped and I will find out what it is next Saturday when I open it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

There’s been a slight change of build plan for me. 

Mrs H was out in Aber yesterday with a request to go to the LMS, and choose a kit for me to build in 24hrs. It will be wrapped and I will find out what it is next Saturday when I open it. 

Zoukei-Mura Skyraider?

• Haha 2

Well this puts me in a sticky situation as the proposed kit never got ordered and I think after my recent discovery of e-bay another kit entering the

house would ruin Christmas if the missus see's it.So the meagre stash will have to suffice I have a Tamiya(italeri) Fulcrum which I think I could

do in the timescale or if I wanted to stick to my Original 1/48 plan a Monogram F-16 picked up at Home Bargains for a fiver in Thunderbirds colours

wheels up on a stand is possible.