Christmas Blitzenbuild Chat

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

Go big, go brave Steve.  

Any ideas on a 1/48 what?

Hi HB going for one of Pegasus Hobbies Easy build kits,still to see the new Mustang or Zero in the flesh but their Hurricane and

Spitfire I've built and very impressed here's the Hurricane.

DSC00449

• Like 5

On 9/3/2019 at 1:32 PM, depressed lemur said:

You could always invest in a couple of starter kits :wicked:

Hmm, Mr.Lemur. When I say little Turas, I mean younger Turas: these are 18 year old twins, one female. I don't think a couple of starter kits will do it. I'll try to get them to child-mind each other.

To build, I'm going to pick up a Belcher Bits Polaris A1/A2. My last blitzbuild failure has now progressed to this:

190922 Painted waiting for decals

In the spirit of Blitzbuilds, breakfast = that pot of espresso in the background. The Polaris needs its decals and a little detail painting and to be stuck together: only a month late! However I have learnt a lot for the next try: need white primer; mask and spray the roll markings.

Alan

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Car, plane or ship?  That is the question.

Leading ground contenders: Wood Brothers Mercury Cyclone, or maybe an old '70s Skyline.

Leading air contenders: 1/72 F-16A (Italian ADF or Dutch MLU), 1/72 YF-23, 1/72 P-40, 1/144 EC-135

Leading floating contenders:  SSN-675 Bluefish, CGN-9 Long Beach 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Looking for some adjudication on this one please, @Enzo Matrix , a 6th Hussars Trumpeter, 1812, from the Men at Arms range.

Purchased on the cheap at the Shropshire Model Show, I think it has already been primed in a fashion, but I don't know enough about these white metal kits to say. Given it might be started, does it qualify?

cheers!

49151340632_50873e097e_c.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I think it qualifies!  :thumbsup: 

Thank you sir - mostly a painting exercise I think - gluing things together might not be a good idea if the spirit of Yule is flowing....:drink:

2 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

I might join with building this one:

1025470-13157-91-720.jpg

Of course, by building the Cushman Scooter, not the whole set :winkgrin:

I bet you could build it all, with a little encouragement 

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

I bet you could build it all, with a little encouragement 

giphy.gif

Haha, I looked through the whole year options in They Also Served- section for this, but I believe this doesn't fit any of them as I want to build it as an US not RAF aircraft.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

Haha, I looked through the whole year options in They Also Served- section for this, but I believe this doesn't fit any of them as I want to build it as an US not RAF aircraft.

:hmmm:   I'm sure @Giorgio N wouldn't mind if you stretched the envelope a bit and dedicated it to Stranger In Town or Yanks Abroad, as long as you built is as a B-17 based in the UK. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

:hmmm:   I'm sure @Giorgio N wouldn't mind if you stretched the envelope a bit and dedicated it to Stranger In Town or Yanks Abroad, as long as you built is as a B-17 based in the UK. 

I do have a Big Plan to build a portion of a "spectacle lens" hardstand with not one, but two 381st BG B-17G:s squeezed in tail-to-tail, decorated with the re-supply set and a Jeep. I have all the kits needed and those Triangle-L Forts did indeed reside in Ridgewell, Essex, England... But Shirley they just won't fit neither of those GB categories (oh don't make me commit to this, though it means I had a whole year to do it!).

Edit: let's forget it, 2020 is already SOLD OUT!