Christmas Blitzenbuild Chat

Due to popular demand there will be a third Blitzbuild this year.

The Christmas Blitzenbuild will commence at 0001 on Thursday 26 December and will finish at 2359 on Sunday 29 December.  These times are local, so if you live in New Zealand or Australia, you get to start earlier than the rest of us.

Although the Blitzenbuild lasts for four days, you only get 24 hours to complete your build.

his can be done in two ways:

1.  The Superhero Option   Complete your model in a single 24 hour time slot

2.  The Other Option      Complete your model in two 12 hour slots, seperated by no more than 12 hours.  Still pretty heroic, if you ask me.    You can start on any day and finish the following day. 

Start a WIP thread with a start photo showing the time, ( a mobile phone/tablet screen/computer screen will suffice), then as many progress pics as you want (but at least six) and finally a finish photo again showing the time.

Kudos points will be given for uniqueness of the clock, the on-plate presentation of the meals to be consumed and other things like great music videos etc. All the while remembering this is a family friendly forum ...

As this is a post-Christmas build, we also need to include bad cracker jokes from the previous day.  Extra kudos for anyone posting a picture of themselves building their model while wearing a Christmas party hat or a Christmas jumper. 

25% Rule: This is a short GB intended to showcase speed building skills with an unstarted kit. Therefore, the 25% rule is suspended for this GB. All kits must be unstarted, although removal of main components from the runners is acceptable.

All the othe usual GB rules apply, the most important being to have fun.  It's The Law! 

• Like 10

Oh my goodness, oh my goodness, I am in with bells on!!

Will be a 24hour from midnight on boxing night blitz 1/72 109 then a 2x12hr build of whatever Mrs Valkyrie gets me for my Christmas model.

I will not unwrap it until I begin that session so nobody will know.

Very very excited

Great idea, I do love a Blitzen build 

• Like 3

Always second to the party ;) that's me - I'll be there...

Will there be extra kudos points for the use of glitter or 'festive colours' - red / gold / green...

I fancy a glitter covered Hurricane - but my plans may change.

Steve

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I'm in for this one. I'll try to build something visible to the naked eye this time. Now I'm off to check the stash for paper hats and sparkly jumpers :D 

Andy

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Don’t tell Little H she can use glitter!  We will still be tidying it up next year. 

We are both in and Santa has been  briefed on suitable build models. 

I would also like to invite @nimrod54 and @Cookenbacher to our little soirée. 

Edited by Hockeyboy76
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

Don’t tell Little H she can use glitter!  We will still be tidying it up next year. 

We are both in and Santa has been  briefed on suitable build models. 

I would also like to invite @nimrod54 and @Cookenbacher to our little soirée. 

If we are doing 'invites' - glitter covered of course - the following may not have noticed this new dedicated thread...

@SleeperService @Rob G @Jinxman @Dave_R & @Paul821

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Donner und Blitzen-build! This is going to be a very delicate negotiation with the Chatelaine of Tura Towers...

...but great idea.

Is next May also on, Enzo?

Alan 

• Like 1

Oh yeah, I will need to drop hints too. Don’t want to be expecting something in 1/72 RAF or Luftwaffe and live unwrap a Revell type  VII U-Boat or 1/48 Millennium Falcon yikes 

• Haha 2

On 8/31/2019 at 11:21 PM, depressed lemur said:

Oh count me in Mrs Depressed is at work on 27th so I have a free run if I start at 8pm on the 26th, a wee kip before I get woken at 5:30.  I like the idea of opening a present at the start so there is no idea of what it is.  I shall have to drop some heavy hints.

Mrs.Tura too is working on 27/12/19 but I have little Turas running about the place demanding input, for god's sake!

Alan

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

This may be controversial, I had my first Mince pie of the “season” yesterday. Mrs H found them on sale Morrison’s. 

Thanks for the heads up.

I’ll be off to Morrison’s here later.

They’ll go nicely with the hot cross buns from Tesco.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, depressed lemur said:

You could always invest in a couple of starter kits

It will be interesting to see what Aldi / Lidl have this year by way of Airfix starter kits - although my main blitzbuild is planned - I may have space for a cheap starter kit as well.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Well i will try to participate in this Christmas blitzenbuild. It will be my first one so my guess will be some thing Airfix or maybe bandai Star wars. 

Dennis

Or both as some might say

• Haha 2