Armstrong Whitworth Albemarle in any museum in the world ?

christian Boehm

No, there are none. Possibly a few minor components knocking about in various states of disrepair, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

https://forum.keypublishing.com/forum/historic-aviation/26833-armstrong-whitworth-albemarle

Edited by Work In Progress

I notice someone on that thread was hoping something might turn up in Russia. Given that only 14 left the UK for Russia and 2 of those crashed en route, I think that is a forelorn hope considing the wood content of the airframe and the passage of 76 years. In Russia they were apparently relegated for use by Aeroflot under civil registrations. Still its a wonderful thought.

There are some small sections of fuselage/cockpit frames which survive with a private collector in the Burnley area.

These were recovered from a quarry in Cumbria over 30 years ago and even then they were in pretty poor condition.

I am not aware of any progress regarding restoration

• Like 1

From what I recall, all that's left is the tubular stainless steel cockpit frame work and number of components (poss seat, instruments etc). The plan had been to rebuild the cockpit and reclad in ply but I suspect that has probably stalled. 

I think he used to have a society dedicated to the restoration, could be wrong on that point though.

(Yes, I did stainless steel it's really quite heavy, but it didn't corroded).

Good luck.

3 hours ago, christian Boehm said:

Thanks everybody

So I will be happy to get the pilot's notes because doc is very rare and reducted

christian

Hi

I have a pdf of the pilots notes, If you want pm me your e mail address and i will send it in a few days

cheers

jerry