Macchi MC.72

Wow, that piping really is fine!

Is there a radiator decal set for this?

Or is there someone here who could make one..?🤔

Where I left it was the radiator cut out from part of one float, with styrene backing the hole to make a depression. Then a piece of ridged styrene, the smallest ridges I could find at the store, was cut to shape and started to be glued in. I'll post pics later. Deepening the lines, I can sand it flush. The one problem is that the 'pipes' won't curve over the top of the float, but instead meet as a succession of little Vs. Trade-offs...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lightpainter said:

Then they replied on my question about the Macchi. I mentioned the testshot they did 

on a 3D printer: The Macchi is also planned, but very big work. We want to do it next year

I think the same way as Caudron.

If there is enough pre-orders, we will launch.

Do you know where the preorder page is?

11 minutes ago, Thom216 said:

Do you know where the preorder page is?

They have not put a preorder page online at the moment. The text I quote is from a discussion via Messenger I had with them. They did not make this information public on their website as yet. They wil do it the same way as they did for the Caudron 450 in 1/48 Scale. That is they will put a form online where people can make their intrest in a 1/48 Scale Macchi Mc 72 known . They need a minimum number of people interested before they will commit to start work on it. For the Caudron 450 in 1/48 Scale the minimum number was 60 to 70 people who filled in the online form if I am not mistaken. On this page you can read how they did it with the Caudron 450 https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2345063858847328&id=117380071615729

Here is a screen print of the discussion. First he answers my question about the Caudron 450 and then he answers my question about the 3D print and what they want to do with the Macchi: 

950463E1-3C17-4C8C-9B71-3B7BC5E3C192.png

That said you can easily contact them yourself if you have Facebook and Messenger. They are generally quick to reply. You can find the link to messenger on the page in my previous post. The more people that let them know that they are interested in the Mc72 the more they are likely to go ahead with it! 

10 minutes ago, Lightpainter said:

That said you can easily contact them yourself if you have Facebook and Messenger. They are generally quick to reply. You can find the link to messenger on the page in my previous post. The more people that let them know that they are interested in the Mc72 the more they are likely to go ahead with it! 

I'll be sure to do that, thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hi, Sunday at Telfort I asked the guys from SBS what they planned for the 1/48 scale Macchi Mc 72. They told me that they  would put a document on Facebook in August 2020 like they did for the 1/48 Caudron C450. In the document you can leave your details if you would like to buy the kit. They need at least a 100 people interested before they commit to produce the kit.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2019 at 1:38 PM, JOCKNEY said:

Hi

Have you had a chance to progress this beautiful aircraft any further ?

Cheers Pat

This has been side-tracked by other projects... Currently doing a 1/72 Super Bug as a pseudo-commission for a co-worker. Might not get back to this for this BG. Heck, I might not even finish my 1/48 Rufe for this BG...:rolleyes:

• Sad 2