Accurate Miniatures Yak 1b "White 23"

Hello everyone, here are the photos of my most recent model, Accurate Miniatures Yak 1b in 1:48.

Since I don't know anything about the Spviet Air Force's camouflage colours, I used RLM 71 for the green, black and RLM 65 for the underside.

The model was completely brushpainted with Revell acrylics.

My next project may be Hobby 2000's MC 202 or Hasegawa's Ju 87G in 32.

fmT2rCk.jpg

KohO9NX.jpg

mX6SLdZ.jpg

FkVNWHn.jpg

PsTncpn.jpg

V3HVFUj.jpg

PnHqNDw.jpg

SRJJ16c.jpg

U9NE1i5.jpg

3DfGQKt.jpg

irxb6i5.jpg

tz7W4d4.jpg

DYsgeTv.jpg

Edited by Sturmovik
  • Like 8

I’ve got a couple of these kits in my stash. With a name like Sturmovik, I’d expect you to be an expert! Haha. 

That said, the kit looks convincing, at least to my eye. Well built, and your brush painting looks to be done well. Are the colors perfect? No, but I’m learning a lot about Soviet colors, and let me tell you it seems like there is a lot of disagreement, so don’t feel bad. 

Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sturmovik said:

Thanks @RadMax8 for the comments. Even though my name is Sturmovik, I'm more familiar with the Luftwaffe's colour callouts and schemes. Those are another can of worms.

RLM 83 anyone?? Haha!

How was the kit to build? Like I said I’ve got two of those in the stash with some aftermarket goodies, and an itch to build something VVS. I know Accurate Miniatures was generally respected for making decent kits.

thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RadMax8 said:

How was the kit to build?

Not a bad kit, fairly easy. The wingspar was too tall and needs trimming in order for the wings to make a solid contact between with the lower wing. 

That and that I had to fill and sand the wing root joins because of the gaps. Scott van Aken from Modelling Madness also had that issue.

Looks very nice. Here's a link to VVS colours though I can't vouch for their accuracy as I'm not well versed in Soviet colours...or Luftwaffe colours...or Japanese colours...or Italian colours...or RAF colours...or USAAF colours.....

http://vvs.hobbyvista.com/ColorResearch/paints.php

Edited by fubar57
forgot the freakin' link, man
  • Like 2