1/72 Italeri Wessex HAS.3

Hi all, so it’s only taken me just over a year to complete all three models in my Westland Trio, however here’s the final one – Italeri’s Westland Wessex HAS3.

Straight out the box, no fancy extras, just a simple build and paint! I really fancied modelling Humphrey, as seen at Yeovilton Fleet Air Arm Museum, however I much preferred the yellow and blue/grey colours.

Painted with Humbrol 79 blue grey and Halfords Rover Inca Yellow rattle can (which is actually a really good match to the RAF yellow as used on C1 decals to my eye – more on that in another RFI).

I was also lucky enough to see the Wessex, flanked by two Wasps, open the display to this year’s Yeovilton airshow – the first time, in fact, that I have seen a Wessex flying, being young enough that by the time I went to air shows, no Wessex’s were left flying.

IMGP0251

IMGP0253

IMGP0255

IMGP0257

IMGP0258

IMGP0259

I really fancy making a 1/48 Hu5 now to sit on my desk at work with my 1/48 scale Lynx 

I had hoped to get photos of all three models in the Trio together, however, the British summer has had other plans...

Cheers!

Ben

• Like 36

Lovely job - and if you still fancy doing Humphrey, then buy another kit !  You really can't ever have too many Wessexes!

The flying display at this years Yeovilton show was fantastic.  Sadly, I am old enough to have flown in one - my third ever time off the ground, the first being in a Wasp, second in a Trident, then a short hop in a Wessex 5 from HMS HERMES at Portland (where they still had Wessex 3s) to Lee on Solent. 

FLY NAVY !

FredT

• Like 2

Hello Ben,

"Simple build" but it looks great. Colorful scheme, that reminds me of the time the RN was Ruling the Waves.

Thanks or sharing this Westland product with us. Regards, Orion.