Novo Blackburn Skua

Hi folk's,when you see Made in the USSR on a model box (or bag in this case) you know your in for some fun! That said this was a hassle

free build,yes it's basic to say the least but for the GB's aim of building rather than storing old kits it fits the bill.The kit was a bagged Novo

produced kit with a spurious RAF type scheme so in keeping with that fact I gave it a spurious FAA type scheme! Many thanks for looking.

20190828_110823

20190828_110814

20190828_110704

20190828_110617

20190828_110850

20190828_110841

• Like 31

Hello Steve,

Great accomplishment to finish an Novo model up to these standards.

Regards, Orion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eric Mc said:

Nice job.

The model goes together quite well but it is dimensionally full of inaccuracies. I think that is the main reason you don't see it built much.

Thanks Eric a good point raised too,that's what has made the GB such a blast a lot of models that would never get built especially

for their shortcomings.

I tend to build older kits as a matter of course. In many cases, they aren't particularly inaccurate. Their main shortcomings are raised panel lines (if that's an issue for you) and lack of detail in cockpits and wheel wells. On the other hand, many are dimensionally OK and the lower parts count can mean the model actually gets finished.

I did actually build the Skua a few years ago. I added a bomb cradle and a vac form canopy. Other than that, I built it out of the pack. It's main problem is the wing chord - which is way too shallow.

• Like 1