Special Hobby Heinkel He 115b

3 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

Must feel good to have got the yellow out of the way! I'm still having flashbacks to the Trainers GB...

Regards,

Adrian

I wonder how many people would put their names down for an " Anything aslong as its yellow g/b "

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/11/2019 at 17:30, Kushan_Farsight said:

This looks great. Roughly how big is this in 1/48? (looks big!) - wondering if it would fit in the display case. 

Its big or my work bench has got smaller . hope this picture captures its size .

49111181861_8c0205a348_c.jpgP1030270 by Alistair Pearce, on Flickr

Progres came to a stop when i came to applying the RLM  72 and 73 . I had just taken it forgranted that i had these colours in stock ,but no , all other RLM greens but not these two ,  This being my first luftwaffe maritime aircraft would account for this .

Two tins of humbrol enamel arrived today so it will be intresting to see how these contrast with each other as both are quite dark .

49110579333_53246fb288.jpgP1030268 by Alistair Pearce, on Flickr

The floats now have a coat of 73 and i hope togat some 72 on tomorrow to see how things look .

49110579448_6a09aa91c7_z.jpgP1030267 by Alistair Pearce, on Flickr

49111277182_f733c41f55_c.jpgP1030266 by Alistair Pearce, on Flickr

• Like 7

Now you see the main reason I decided to shelve mine until I get more space. Good progress, pity about the out of paint issue.  Still there is plenty of time. 

You do well making these large models on such a small bench. Mine is no better.  It is an old card table.

• Like 1

This is what the acrylic version of the paint looks like in daylight with a coat of varnish on top.

DSC02170-crop

I am quite happy with the colours, though perhaps the RLM72 (the darker one) should be a bit browner. When new the paint seems to have had a very low contrast though it seems to have weathered a bit and made the difference more obvious. Your enamel version will presumably be very similar, and should look good. I would think it could be quite effective over water.

Cheers

Pete

Edited by PeterB
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/25/2019 at 6:07 PM, Greg Law said:

Pete I think that blue board is giving your photo a blue colour shift on your paint work. Good job though.

That's an interesting thought Greg, not considered the effect of the background colour before. How about another photo Pete on a neutral background (in daylight!) but probably best in your thread!

Sorry Alistair - hijacking your thread. An excellent build, lovely work.

• Like 1

I will post a pic in my 138 thread but for the record the box it was standing on is a faded green whey dry, though it has a slight blue tinge when wet I suppose though not as much as the sea!. Back to you Alistair.

Pete

Edited by PeterB
  • Like 1

On 11/25/2019 at 12:56 PM, PeterB said:

I am quite happy with the colours, though perhaps the RLM72 (the darker one) should be a bit browner. 

The Humbrol oil enamels (243 and 244 I think) have almost the same if not exactly the same hue IMHO.

In 1/48 He 115 is really a shelve space consumer... :)

Cheers

J-W

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Greg Law said:

Alistair 

Do you think you will get this over the line?  If not, I hope you continue on WIP when you can. It would be nice to see it done.

It would be good to see it going along side my two big projects when you get a chance to get back to the bench. 

Hi Greg

I have had to focus on getting this project completed and have neglected my build thred .

Its been a complicated past few months with my mother in law going into hospital for a minor illnes and not comming out alive ! Died on Sat 7th and funeral on the 20th . Still huge amount to sort out .

I hope to do a comprehensive roundup to my build with some better phptos and review of the kit , paints and masks iv used .

I whent with the scheme with the white on . I will explain why later .

Cheers

Alistair

• Sad 3