RNZAF Short Sunderland MR5

19 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Hi Alan

Crikey fella, I am sorry to hear that too, I hope all turns out well.  I will pop in to catch up on the WIP fella.

All the very best wishes

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your support.

I look forward to your visits to the WIP forum - see you (and everyone else) there:thumbsup:

Regards

Alan

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Hi Alan,
It sounds like your dad may have flown on the same flight crew as my dad, when he was based in Lauthala bay.

My dad has passed away now but his name was Lynne Senior. The guys called him 'Junior'and he was based in Hobsonville until we were transferred to Fiji in the sixties.

I'm writing to pass on my best wishes and hope you and your family stay safe.

All the very best wishes, from New Zealand.

Warmest regards,

Joseph

• 2 months later...

Alan,

Don't know how your WIP/kit review escaped me, but I'm sitting here now with notepad and a cold one. I have the SH Mk V kit, too, but would rather do a Mk III/IIIA as they have the dorsal turret, right? So sorry to hear about your better half's health issues, but will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers- we are all family, y'know! Thanks for taking the time, with all you have going on that's much more important, for sharing the drawings, plus your WIP and detail photos with the rest of us. Take care and get back to the build when you can- gives the filler more time to dry!

Mike  

Texan by birth but Kiwi by association!