Tywin Lannister - my final GoT figure

Here's  couple of shots of Tywin Lannister (Lord of Lion by Nuts Planet) - my final GoT figure. Just finished him tonight and he'll go on display with Tyrion and Daeneris at the weekend.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Tough choice for my next one, as I have four wonderful contenders - Mirai (from the AD.2074/Ghost in the Shell range) ; The Sea Wolf (Jurgen Prochnow in Das Boot) both by Life Miniatures : Lilith Bust by Nocturna Models or Abyssal Warlord by Scale75. But I may take a break from figures for a while and complete some other projects that I already have in progress (1/35th Takom WWI Mk. I Male Tank; 1/48th Hasegawa Typhoon Mk.I; 1/12th Tamiya JPS Lotus Mk.III) - all of which are for customers or friends.

Thanks for looking

Kev

Edited by modelman182
Forgot which WWI Tank I was doing! D'oh!
  • Like 15

Hmm. I read that as Twin Lancaster, because reasons. My initial acute disappointment at there not being an actual twin Lancaster inside the post was ameliorated by viewing a very well done bust, even if it's a subject I know nothing about (I assume that GoT is Game of Thrones?)

Nice work.

33 minutes ago, Rob G said:

Hmm. I read that as Twin Lancaster, because reasons. My initial acute disappointment at there not being an actual twin Lancaster inside the post was ameliorated by viewing a very well done bust, even if it's a subject I know nothing about (I assume that GoT is Game of Thrones?)

Nice work.

Thanks Rob. Now there's an idea - my local model shop has two HK Models Dambuster Lancs in stock so I supposed a "Zwiling" type, 7-engine what-if is something that could be done. That is, of course, if I could ever afford such an extravagance!! 😉

Glad you like the bust, I believe there's a couple more figures in the Game of Thrones series from Nuts Planet ("Night's Watch" which is of Jon Snow and "Queen of the North" which is of Sansa Stark) but I've done enough for the display cabinet and feel the need to move on to something else 🙂

Kev

• 3 months later...
21 hours ago, Bigmick said:

Excellent work.

You know Mitches Military Models have released 3 GoT busts, Tyrion, Jaime Lannister and The Hound

Thanks Mick - and no, I wasn't aware of the Mitch's Military Models busts. I shall have to go have a look at those. Ta for the heads up.

Kev

On 12/7/2019 at 6:34 PM, Bigmick said:

You know Mitches Military Models have released 3 GoT busts, Tyrion, Jaime Lannister and The Hound

Hmmm... not overly sure about those busts, Mick. No scale quoted and the price suggests they're a bit smaller than I like. Not impressed by the poses of any of them, though the Hound looks mean whichever way you look at him 🙂

I think I'll pass on those. Nuts Planet have Jon Snow (Night Watch) and Sansa Snow (Queen of the North) in their range that I may have to build for the shop display (as I sold Daeneris recently).

Cheers

Kev

Allegedly they're around 1/10 scale, I agree with you, out of the 3 The Hound is the best, although I'd still buy Jamie to make the set.

Andrea Miniatures also make a "Warrior of the North" which bears no resemblance to Ned Stark

wExHt7H.jpg

• Like 2

You're right - nothing like Ned Stark - looks more like Sean Bean to me 😉 

A quick look through my 'already started and stalled' collection, I've found five busts that need attention (for attention please read 'completion' 🙂 ). Scale 75's Abbysal Warlord, Life Miniature's Sea Wolf and Mirai, Nocturna's Lilith and Alexandros Miniarure's Vasily Sayzev. All in various states - but all need to be done. Oops - make that six.... I've just remembered Bonaparte Models' Samurai bust! I wonder where I've put that???  🙂 

Kev