Airfix Robogear?

A few days ago I got an Airfix Robogear T-rex kit for £5, it's new other than missing 1 small missile (which is a different coloured plastic and doesn't appear on the box instructions?). I'm not really planning on selling it or something, I got it because it looks like a fairly cool model, but I'm still curious about the usual sort of cost for them and I can't find too much info about it. The only one I saw on ebay was £20 and other than it being for a tabletop game I know nothing about the Robogear stuff, so i can't decide if i should build it or keep it boxed for now. Anyone know anything about it?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

To the best of my knowledge, Robogear was something along the lines of a blend between TakaraTomy's Zoids and Games Workshop's Warhammer 40'000; that is to say, easy to assemble plastic robots that could be used in a tabletop game. Sadly it never really took off but I think the molds are still produced by someone, and some parts are beloved by sci-fi and wargaming kitbashers, as the details are rather nice and they're relatively good value (or certainly were at any rate).

They're certainly interesting!

• 4 weeks later...

I just ordered a T Rex kit for £8.35 on Ebay from a Russian seller.  

I wanted a walker/mech specifically for 'Orkifying' for Warhammer 40k. Maybe a Grot walker if my Kromlech orc driver is too big?  I want Something cheap and kitbash-able that I can mess with.

If the transaction goes well (despatch notice today!), then I will buy a few more kits. The spider walker and the jet/dropship look like they would be good fun. 

Edited by ProjeKtWEREWOLF
Spelling
  • Like 1