Arado Ar-196A2, Scharnhorst 1940

The other aircraft (and the only other suitable for this GB) I will attempt is this Ar-196 from the dual boxing with a Sea Gladiator by Sword.

Again OOB with stuff like seatbelts and rigging added.

DSC_0002

• Like 9

Great choice, ms Jockney junior still has hers to finish from the last one.

I took advantage of Enzo by threatening to send the typical teenager round if he disagreed to allow the roll over. Fortunately he agreed !

good luck with this one 

cheers Pat

• Haha 3

Hi Dave,

Great choice for your second entry! I've been looking for this boxing to add it to my stash, so I'll follow the build closely.

Cheers

Jaime

Wow, I'm building this kit right now. If you need any advise let me know.  It is very nice. Nice interior details, watch for manual. It has couple mistakes in interior section. Machine gun is a piece of..... useless. looks like sausage. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 5 weeks later...

Ok, so, going to get on with this and 'phase' the Sunderland in later.

Here's the contents for this kit out of the box, which also contains a Sea Gladiator.  Strangely, the Gladiator has a nicely detailed resin engine but the Arado has to make do with a plastic one which isn't as good but will do.  Does have a nice resin cowling though.

DSC_0005

The first for any short run kit I've done, there are locating pins and holes in the fuselage halves.

DSC_0006

On 9/2/2019 at 9:11 PM, Franz75 said:

Wow, I'm building this kit right now. If you need any advise let me know.  It is very nice. Nice interior details, watch for manual. It has couple mistakes in interior section. Machine gun is a piece of..... useless. looks like sausage. 😀

Started assembling the interior and not having done any research whatsoever, and remembering Franz75 mentioning he's building one and the instructions aren't the best..... Franz, if you're looking, let me know what I've done wrong!  There are a lot of large ejector pin plugs to remove, but the softish plastic makes them easy to carve away!

More to come, depending on how I get on will start the Sunderland soon.

Davey.

Nice radio but spoilt by a sink mark!

DSC_0007 DSC_0008 DSC_0009 DSC_0010

• Like 7

Hello DaveyGair

I just have finished my Arado form Sword. You can make a nice replica, from this short run kit. Please check my kit, I have only added a resin engine and dolly car, the rest was from the box.  I hope you don't mind. 

bT69P0p.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Franz75 said:

Hello DaveyGair

I just have finished my Arado form Sword. You can make a nice replica, from this short run kit. Please check my kit, I have only added a resin engine and dolly car, the rest was from the box.  I hope you don't mind. 

bT69P0p.jpg

Very nice, I can only hope mine turns out as good!

Done a bit more today. The instructions are very vague as to how to mount the seat, so I looked up the revell kit to see if I could copy it. I thought the seat was too tall as well so cut it down, Painted the interior RLM 02, then a dirty wash, then a light grey drybrush, picked out the leather pouches but apart from that, job's a good 'un.  Still got to add belts and have a look at what colour to do the stick grips.

Davey.

DSC_0001 DSC_0002 DSC_0003 DSC_0006 DSC_0007 DSC_0009

• Like 6

Davey, watch for radio hood (your last picture) it won't fit into a canopy. I had to make, a smaller one. !!!!!!!!!!

6hVcqAh.jpg

Another mistake is na pilot's head support above radio hood. Watch for this one. 

T3bD4sY.jpg

Edited by Franz75
  • Like 5