Content withdrawn - I will NOT be threatened by a moderator, simply because I queried the actions of another...

Hi Andy - that's because those files are attempting to be served from a forum that requires you to log in before you can see content.  If you hover over the spacer.png filename, you'll see the URL in the bottom left of your browser window.  I opened that in a new tab, and got to the log in page on forum in question.  It's another case of the forum not being able to load offsite pics, and people think we're to blame as it's our site that the pics are being (or attempting to) displayed on. :(

All we need to do is ask Nizhny to re-post the pics from a place that does work with forum software (not just Invision - any forum software would fail-over in these circumstances). :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, andyf117 said:

yesterday I twice got the same 'spacer.png' thing for a couple of the photos in my latest RFI...

Could have been a bit of a glitch or Support dickering about with settings.... coincidences happen.  Check your file size too.  If it's larger than a coupla hundred Kb, that would cause delays in pics popping up.

Whenever you (or anyone else) sees recalcitrant photos, hover over the pic and consider right-click, open in new tab to see what the bother is, or what size the pics are.  The bigger the KBage, the slower it'll load.  Be careful what you click on though, as the internet isn't all sweetness and light (sadly).

Can I once again entreat anyone that's posting up photos to use a reputable host and check your pics aren't gigantic. 200kb ish is great. 400kb is borderline too large, and if you go over that level, you're just wasting internet bandwidth :)

4 minutes ago, andyf117 said:

but it caught my attention, of course, because the first time I saw it, they were my pics!

Understandable - your Seaking montage was showing up as a spacer earlier too.  maybe something iffy at your host's end at some point during the day? :hmmm:

25 minutes ago, andyf117 said:

By 'montage', do you mean the animated gif in my signature?

The two ASaC.7 pics 'problem' was yesterday, and as you saw a spacer earlier today, that suggests it's an ongoing thing....

Yes, and possibly.  Seems OK now though.  Could well be that the image cache was holding the duff pic over from yesterday, your hosts might have been having ongoing issues today too.  I think we'll never know about that one.  Too many variables :wacko: