1904 Mercedes - A tale of a man, a dog and a Flying Car

HansReggelsen

This project started out as something totally different and took on a life of it's own!

This doesn't happen often to me, so it was a pleasant surprise and made for a fun journey.

A bit of a backstory:

Bernhard Manfred Waßertropfen - also known as Opa (Grandad) was seaking a way to fullfill his childhood dream - to travel the skies - free like a bird.

He therefore took a long look at his old trusty 1904 Mercedes and decided there and then to transform it into a Aerocar.

After a long time of tinkering and many trials and errors - he finally succeded and could take to the skies  - up where he so long had dreamed of being.

We see him here on his first travel, where he  - together with his good old companion - his dog Freßsack - is flying over the Bavarian lake Eibsee waving an Edelweiss in his hand.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Link to the build:

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

Edited by HansReggelsen
  • Like 16

That is a lovely little vignet Hans, I've just read through your WIP & I'm most impressed with your treatment of Opa, he looks like a thoroughly cheerful type, as well he should seeing the spread you've laid on for him. :) 

Steve. 

• Thanks 1

• 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...