Star Wars 'The Rise Of Skywalker' Second Trailer

peely20

The second trailer was released yesterday and if you haven't seen it yet, link below:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n1T3HxHd7Y

At about 1:21 in we some brief glimpses of what seems to be vintage B Wings, A Wings and Y Wings as well as what appears to be the Tantive IV and another craft I don't recognise. I am guessing that the Resistance being a bit down on their luck have had to scavenge whatever craft they can get their hands on in order to take the fight to the First Order...

The next brief glimpse we get is of a massive fleet of Star Destroyers, presumably opposing the fighters... good luck then!

Kind Regards

NeilR

• Like 1

Tthose are the original Star Destroyers seen in A New Hope/Rogue One, ESB onwards had a different variant of them, and the First Order doesn't use Empire-era Star Destroyers either. Will be interesting to see what they're for, I'm assuming it's to do with Palpatine.

I've waited 42 years for this. I can remember arguing in junior school that ABBA the movie was not  the best film in the six weeks holiday.

Avengers Endgame has set the bar very, very high for me. This last film has to be jaw droppingly fantasic. Nothing less.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2019 at 12:04 PM, RACETRACK said:

This last film has to be jaw droppingly fantasic. Nothing less.

Going by its two predecessors, I am not holding out much hope. 

• Like 3

We need another original story, Rogue One is by far the best of the “New” films.

This has made up my mind. Snowspeeder from ESB for the upcoming Sci-Fi group build

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

This has made up my mind. Snowspeeder from ESB for the upcoming Sci-Fi group build

I foresee a lot of Star wars stuff being built, i myself am doing 3 models from Star wars. Red-2 from ANH, Blue-4 from Rogue one, and a Whif build of a Y-wing. I am modifying it for long rang reconnaissance, operated by Green Squadron Green-12. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, RACETRACK said:

wait.. Poe? the cat, the pilot?  Both? It's way to early...

Poe initially inclined to the dark side. after all, he flew a black fighter. my cat just totally seduced him. go to the dark side of the force - we have cats and cookies!:whip:

Just tossing in my 2 cents (I'm in the Colonies, folks), when I saw that moment at 1:21 with A-Wings,Y-wings, and B-wings I hit the "Pause" function and just had to see it again.   I know I'm an outlier on this, but I never watched the SW saga for the light-saber duels, lifting rocks or the mind-tricking poor Stormtroopers at a checkpoint.   For me, the draw in the original trilogy were the X-wings, Y-wings, A-wings, and Snowspeeders.   My inner 10-year-old cried tears of joy when he saw the X-wings drop out of hyperspace near the end of Rogue One.   When the Y-wings made a successful ion torpedo run on the Star Destroyer in Rogue One, I felt that the pilots of the Y-wings received the on-screen presence they were due.  In the Return of the Jedi, the B-wings weren't shown on-screen performing the role for which they were designed - engaging Imperial capital ships.  I really hope that the glimpse of the B-wings teased in the trailer points to the B-wing making torpedo runs on Imperial Star Destroyers.

(My inner 10-year-old will probably cry tears of joy again and let out an audible squeal.   My outer 48-year-old will just blame this kid seated in the next row for losing his self-control. 😉)

• Like 1

On 9/15/2019 at 3:55 PM, John B said:

When the Y-wings made a successful ion torpedo run on the Star Destroyer in Rogue One, I felt that the pilots of the Y-wings received the on-screen presence they were due.  In the Return of the Jedi, the B-wings weren't shown on-screen performing the role for which they were designed - engaging Imperial capital ships.  I really hope that the glimpse of the B-wings teased in the trailer points to the B-wing making torpedo runs on Imperial Star Destroyers.

(My inner 10-year-old will probably cry tears of joy again and let out an audible squeal.   My outer 48-year-old will just blame this kid seated in the next row for losing his self-control. 😉)

Ditto ! ... Im a Y-Wing and B-wing guy myself.  Ive always loved the attack types over fighter types any day of the week. Just turned 48 myself, i wonder if age has anything to do with that ? 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle