Ship ahoy! HMS Ivanhoe.XXXLaunchedXXXXX

stevej60

Hi folk's,I think we've established this kits origins as Frog so as I've decided to do the Twin Mustang in the STGB later this year to do it better

justice time to do this simple little build,I made a start while waiting for paint,coatings etc to dry post some pics tomorrow.

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 5

Hi Steve,

A ship kit at last - excellent. I think that with my Folgore which Dave has not yet included that makes 155 builds, just 2 short of the Airfix Classic total - I am amazed. Now we need just 2 more! I don't have any other potentially quick builds left and you have done more than enough, but one or two people have dropped hints so we may just make it.

I have an awful lot of 1/700 waterline ships, and did build the odd Frog 1/500 (Tribal) and Airfix 1/600 (Cossack, Hotspur, Campbeltown, Nelson, Hood, Bismark, Warspite, Daring, Suffolk, Devonshire, Tiger, Ark Royal, Victorious) but somewhere along the way all of the latter were lost/scrapped like my 1/144 airlliners.  I regret that now as I do the large scale tanks and planes I gave away, but I just did not have room to store them all (according to my wife)!

Cheers

Pete 

• Like 3

Hi folk's after the weekends blitzbuild it was nice to start a non wingy thing,the hull and deck cleaned up with no fuss all in all although

simple it should be a nice little ship when done,some of the sprue gates are dodgy the ones at the rear left a gaping hole at the end of the 

stern which needed filling.

20190825_204943

I cut down some plastic railings just to add to the build they're not 100% but give it a busy look.

20190827_104019

Next job is the hull brown/red and black waterline tomorrow.Other builds are not forgotten the skua and Vengeance are drying

nicely after matt coating,they'll be in the gallery in a few days.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, PeterB said:

Hi Steve,

Are you thinking of doing a camo pattern or just plain "crabfat" - battleship grey to the uninitiated?

Pete

Just plain old gray Pete.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Crikey Steve you are a busy lad, great to see a ship on the go.

Great work so far.

Keep up the good work.

All the best

Chris

Thanks Chris,I think she may be done in a couple of days,got an unexpected half day off work so got an hour in tonight.She's a bit

Smaller than the Foch which I've talked myself into building for the YIWB GB!

20190827_211531

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Thanks Chris,I think she may be done in a couple of days,got an unexpected half day off work so got an hour in tonight.She's a bit

Smaller than the Foch which I've talked myself into building for the YIWB GB!

20190827_211531

Crikey Steve I'd say she's a bit smaller!!! Just a bit though!!!. Your gonna need a bigger home !!!

Looking good with the funnels and super structure in place.

Keep up the good work.

All the best

Chris

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Johnson said:

Nice 'little ship' that... but blimey, what scale is the Foch Steve? I could land my Sea Fury on that!

Hellers I/400 scale kit Charlie.I was talking to my eldest a month or so ago about candidates for the GB and that Foch was launched

in 1960 KK had it in stock and it was a contender,he had the three ship set but had not started the carrier and markings for Foch as well

as Clemenceau were on the sheet so he foolishly dared me to build it!

• Like 2

Can anyone stop this man!

Steve, you either don't sleep, don't work or don't live with a 'nagger'.. and should you answer yes to any of these, I'll eat my cork hat!

In one way, I'm kinda sad that this just didn't end up as the Frog 'Aircraft only' GB, however its only taken 155 builds to see our first non-wingy thing! 

Cheers and all the best.. Dave  

Edit - In order to correctly update the Build List, can someone please guide me as to what original Frog kit this Ivanhoe belongs too? Floaty boats are not my forte. Thanks 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Dave.originally released as HMS Hero

The only pictures I.ve seen were in early sixties type boxes.

Scalemates has it as F124P from 1964, Lines/Hellström F124PK same year - not sure why it is PK though?

• Like 1