Caudron G.IV 1/48

Hi everybody, this is a Copper State Caudron G.IV, 1/48. Figures come from the Eduard range and some of them were slightly modified; everything else was scratchbuilt...hope you like it...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 47
  • Thanks 2

Beautiful. I tried one biplane with the struts etc. and went practically crazy. This project would definitely had done the job 🤪

And that is not even talking about the great scratch work!! Stunning

Dear Lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never saw such a  beautiful excellent built model. 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Awestruck question here:  About how many hours do you have in the rigging work? It looks very neat, and I like the use of the tubing, simulating turnbuckles.  And one more question; what are you using for the rigging?    Your work is so inspiring, and I have several models with rigging waiting in the queue,  more info the better!   Thanks in advance!  🍻

Gary,

I didn't count the hours I put in the rigging process but I can tell you it was a big number 🙂

I started with the rigging of the engines struts because it would be almost impossible to reach them once installed between the upper and lower wings.

spacer.png

After gluing the engines and the upper wing, I did the rest of the rigging between the wings. Only then, I glued the tail booms and rigged the rest of the plane (tail, landing gear, tail booms)

spacer.png

I used 0.10 mm fishing line; the turnbuckles were made with 0.5 mm Albion Alloys aluminum tube, painted with Humbrol Gold. The fishing line was painted with Humbrol Flat Black, so that I could easily wipe it off the model in case some paint would drip on the surfaces (the model was painted with Gunze).

Hope it helps…

Edited by Lorebor
  • Like 1

Lorebor, yes it did help a lot!  Thanks much for the added info.  Were all the rigging attachment points eyeholes, as it appears?  I assume one threads the line through the eyes and then glues the loose end back to the stretched line?   Or am I completely daft in that assumption (that wouldn't be much of a surprise😉).  It seems I've seen a tutorial for that particular technique somewhere...cheers!  Gary