ROCAF F-104G Starfighter Hasegawa/Eduard 1/48

Just to prove to Werner ( @exdraken ) that I have made progress and that hopefully shows that I should make the deadline here are some pics of the completed airframe;

spacer.png

spacer.png

And a pic of the weapons pylon and the AIM-9's to go on them;

spacer.png

They have their decals applied but need to be given a wash, a matt coat and weathering and all in the next 24 hours and then fixed to the F-104 itself.

Thats it for today, final installment tomorrow!

Thanks for looking in. 

Craig.

• Like 4

Hi Craig. Hope you are well and having a good weekend- and that dinner was good too! Really looking forward to seeing your build in the Gallery. It was looking well impressive in the photos above! Awesome modelling as always!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Craig. Hope you are well and having a good weekend- and that dinner was good too! Really looking forward to seeing your build in the Gallery. It was looking well impressive in the photos above! Awesome modelling as always!

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix, and yes dinner was good! Well as promised she is finished and I have just loaded some pics of her in the gallery but I have more than 5 pics so I shall so all the ones I have of her below;

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And that is that.

A big thank you to all of you who have shown an interest in and kept my interest going in my build, I would not have got her finished without you.

I have enjoyed this build and can recommend both the Hasegawa kit and Bestfong decals to all that have not used them yet, give them a go you will not be disappointed.

As usual all comments and criticisms are gratefully received and thanks for looking in.

Craig.

• Like 3

Just saw the shots in the gallery craig. A brilliant finish, really nice! Nice detail witht the FOD covers too 👍

edit: you simultaeneously posted the shots above. As i made this post :)

Wow - awesome

Edited by Dansk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Dansk said:

Just saw the shots in the gallery craig. A brilliant finish, really nice! Nice detail witht the FOD covers too 👍

edit: you simultaeneously posted the shots above. As i made this post :)

Wow - awesome

Thanks Paul, I take that as very high praise indeed by some one as talented as yourself and it is very much appreciated.

• Thanks 1

Just a brilliant F-104 Craig, the subtle weathering/finish and slick stores fit really compliment it imho, bravo! I really like the first shot in particular, ok so maybe the Kinetic kit is an improvement in some areas but shape wise the Hasegawa still looks very convincing to my eye. 

David (who still hasn't glued his RF-104 together yet!)

Edited by mirageiv
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, mirageiv said:

Just a brilliant F-104 Craig, the subtle weathering/finish and slick stores fit really compliment it imho, bravo! I really like the first shot in particular, ok so maybe the Kinetic kit is an improvement in some areas but shape wise the Hasegawa still looks very convincing to my eye. 

David (who still hasn't glued his RF-104 together yet!)

Thanks David, you are far too kind.

I agree with you about the Hasegawa kit, I have got hold of a Kinetic one (no surprises there!) and it does look really nice but there is nothing really wrong with the Hasegawa kit. Hopefully a lot of people will be selling their Hasegawa kits off cheap at Telford so that I can snap them up :) .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, spruecutter said:

Beautiful build, Craig. She looks really smart. 10 out of 10 from me. 

Cheers

Richard

Thanks Richard, very much appreciated.

I think I will put her on our club stand at Telford, just need to sort a base which will not be easy as I'm on nights this week :( .

• 2 years later...
On 04/11/2019 at 08:08, modelling minion said:

And that is that

Beautiful build Craig. I bought this kit today on a whim at the local club’s annual show and found your build thread after some Googling. Looks like an exemplar build!

Gerard

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Wings unlevel said:

Beautiful build Craig. I bought this kit today on a whim at the local club’s annual show and found your build thread after some Googling. Looks like an exemplar build!

Gerard

Thanks Gerard thats very much appreciated.

The Hasegawa F-104 is a very nice kit, there are a couple of bits that care needs to be taken with (such as the airbrakes) but a good model can be built can be built from it. The Bestfong decals I used on this build were really good too which helps.

• Like 1