1/72 - Sikorsky S-76A/B/C vacuform kits by Broplan - released - new boxing

Homebee

Broplan is to release vacuform/multimedia 1/72nd Sikorsky S-76 kits

- ref. MS-211 - Sikorsky S-76A -  Royal Jordanian Air Force, KLM Helicopters, British Airways

Source: https://www.aviationmegastore.com/sikorsky-s-76a-royal-jordanian-air-force-klm-helicopters-british-airways-ms-211-broplan-ms-211-netherlands-military/product/?action=prodinfo&art=165074

165074-0.jpg

- ref. MS-212 - Sikorsky S-76B - KLM ERA helicopters - 3 options

Source: https://www.aviationmegastore.com/sikorsky-s-76b-klm-era-helicopters---3-options-ms-212-broplan-ms-212-netherlands-military/product/?action=prodinfo&art=165075

165075-0.jpg

- ref. MS-213 - Sikorsky S-76C - Spanish Air Force, Swedish Search and Rescue

Source: https://www.aviationmegastore.com/sikorsky-s-76c-spanish-air-force-swedish-search-and-rescue-ms-213-broplan-ms-213-aircraft-scale-modelling/product/?action=prodinfo&art=165076

165076-0.jpg

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg&key=454549e46694cda5ab5f

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Branky said:

Sorry to have spoiled you breakfast… and ruined your day.

Lol Branky! I am happy you guys did not lose your appetite!

There may be one positive side to this news (besides ofcourse the fact that at last we'll see an S-76-kit after all) : up until now earlier attempts to release a model of the S-76 (Hong Kong Creation Workshop, Legato) were (supposedly?) halted by Sikorsky forbidding free use of their brand name.

If (!!) this was the case, it no longer seems to be a problem now, which would make future release of Sikorsky model kits (injection moulded S-76, S-92) less problematic I would hope.

Edited by GeejeeZ
  • Like 1

I am glad to see again new model by Broplan! @occa is right telling about their good quality and some parts are injected so in fact it is hybride.  With vacu kit you have to think a bit about reinforcements but rest is OK. I have made I think 13  vaccus in my life (having next ~20 in stash - about half are by Broplan) and I like all of them sice they are more rare then others  One should not be affraid of them! 

The example - my last vacu was Boing Clipper in 1/72:

46614965295_0396a14c54_b.jpg&key=34a3228

cheers

J-W

• Like 5

That Clipper definitely looks sharp J-W!! Thanks for giving me the courage to start a vacform kit.

I have started several vacforms over the years, but I always lost my patience along the way, and they end up half- built  back in the box.

Well anyway: since it's the only game in town, and I have waited for one so many years, I might just buy me a Broplan S-76. In 1/72 the Sikorsky will be quite tiny, so reinforcing of the plastic won't be an issue I guess.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GeejeeZ said:

That Clipper definitely looks sharp J-W!! Thanks for giving me the courage to start a vacform kit.

I have started several vacforms over the years, but I always lost my patience along the way, and they end up half- built  back in the box.

Well anyway: since it's the only game in town, and I have waited for one so many years, I might just buy me a Broplan S-76. In 1/72 the Sikorsky will be quite tiny, so reinforcing of the plastic won't be an issue I guess.

Thanks! I will keep my fingers crossed for your build., Perhaps have a look at some WIP threads on vacu constructing...Just to pick up technology :)

Cheers

J-W

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

New boxing - ref. MS-214 - Sikorsky S-76A+/A++ (Royal Australian Air Force & HeliJet Charter, Germany)

Source: https://www.aviationmegastore.com/sikorsky-s-76aa--royal-australian-air-force--helijet-charter-germany-ms-214-broplan-ms-214-aircraft-scale-modelling/product/?action=prodinfo&art=167972

167972-0.jpg

V.P.

• Like 1

Well that would first imply that you can actually build an S-76 from the kit...

- Please stop reading if you're expecting a positive note -
The BroPlan S-76 kit is definitely not for the faint hearted (and you've guessed it: I have just found out I'm one of those…). The injection moulded parts (interior, landing gear and rotor) imho are of exceptional poor quality and as good as useless: it's better (and possible) to make these yourself from plastic card and rods. Decals (contrary to what the aviationmegastore website says) are minimal and useless too: faded colours.  Which leaves the (quite rudely shaped) vac form fuselage halves. These are moulded in white plastic, which seems quite strange to me: transparent plastic would have made masking of windows possible, leaving those typical streamlined S-76 fuselage lines intact.  Now one has to cut holes in the fuselage and fiddle in windows: hopeless hassle if you ask me...
Anyway: this one will spend its days gathering dust on my stash I'm affraid..🙄

Edited by GeejeeZ
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 11:11 PM, GeejeeZ said:

Well that would first imply that you can actually build an S-76 from the kit...

- Please stop reading if you're expecting a positive note -
The BroPlan S-76 kit is definitely not for the faint hearted (and you've guessed it: I have just found out I'm one of those…). The injection moulded parts (interior, landing gear and rotor) imho are of exceptional poor quality and as good as useless: it's better (and possible) to make these yourself from plastic card and rods. Decals (contrary to what the aviationmegastore website says) are minimal and useless too: faded colours.  Which leaves the (quite rudely shaped) vac form fuselage halves. These are moulded in white plastic, which seems quite strange to me: transparent plastic would have made masking of windows possible, leaving those typical streamlined S-76 fuselage lines intact.  Now one has to cut holes in the fuselage and fiddle in windows: hopeless hassle if you ask me...
Anyway: this one will spend its days gathering dust on my stash I'm affraid..🙄

Any chance of some pictures before I commit modelling suicide ?

• Haha 3