Harrier T.4 confusion (nose/tail combination)

Jon Bryon

Hello,

I'm late to the party and have only just acquired Kinetic's 1/48 Two Seat Harrier. I would love to build this as a T.4 with Snoopy nose and tall fin, but I've got a bit confused. Did such a combination exist? Or were all T.4s with the laser nose fitted with the shorter fin? I'm specifically interested in the nose/tail combination as I'd like my Harrier to be as different as possible from the GR.1 I also intend to build (when Kinetic release it).

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Jon

Discussion here explains that the short tail was used but was raised on a plinth and so was not quite so short and also on Harriers with PWR on the fin leading edge the short fin was not quite as short as those without it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Des said:

Discussion here explains that the short tail was used but was raised on a plinth and so was not quite so short and also on Harriers with PWR on the fin leading edge the short fin was not quite as short as those without it.

Many thanks indeed Des - most informative! A bit of a shame as I was hoping to place an ugly-as-possible Harrier (twin seat, laser nose, tall tail) next to the most attractive Harrier (the AV-8A), but sadly I'll have to compromise :)

Cheers

Jon