TKS tankette

vaoinas

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks, folks!

The Interior is now painted. I'm going with polish early 30's camo scheme, which they called japanese style camo and which the vehicles in estonian service had as well. The scheme had three exterior colors - bluish gray, sand yellow and olive green divided by a thin black line, and interior of these vehicles were painted with the same bluish gray because it was the lightest shade of the three.

Painting the main color of interior didn't go too well though - I tried many different grays, but most ideal seemed to be an old half-a-jar of Modelmaster RLM63 that I had in my stash. My Airbrush didn't like this old paint too much and the result was a bit of grainy surface on the side walls and floor. Weathering and other details do good job to hide this, but seems that for the exterior I have to find a new jar of this MM paint (which is hard/expensive to find in Europe) or find an alternative gray.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Kristjan

Edited by vaoinas
Changed image URLs
  • Like 12

40 minutes ago, Silenoz said:

whot they said... brilliant. Wasn't the interior a sandy color? or was this later on?

Thank you, Silenoz. The interior color in sandy/grayish yellow was apparently introduced with later camo scheme. 

About the colors, I'm referring to this site: https://derela.pl/tk_con.htm

• Thanks 1

Well, the next things to deal with, are the front and the rear glacis, both with the hatches. The hatches are from Part set and are meant to be soldered together of two sides and had these little hinge pins to be seated in the grooves of the plastic plate so they are movable, when assembled. The grille part on the rear hatch were a bit more challenging and needed some care because of the construction Part uses. Instead of interlocking assembly that fixes the ribs in the exact position they have little pins and the ribs were turning freely. The plastic part of the rear glacis were too fragile at the end too, so I decided to do one myself using brass sheet.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by vaoinas
Changed image URLs
  • Like 10

This kit is smaller than a packet of ciggies. !!!

Hope you've "pumped up"crew seats (they sit a bit low).

I've heard, that floor in front of the driver had a sheet of plywood, as to cover steering links.

Your's is best ever use of p/e parts I've ever seen. Superb!!

Zig

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hi! 

Thank you guys and a happy new year to you all.

I've got a little update to share.
The front and the rear glacis are glued on now, and so are the other details like tow hooks installed. I made the tow hooks myself using 0,8x0,8mm square brass wire, other stuff is from PE set I'm using. 

It looks, like it's all done now below the waist line and I can concentrate to the upper structure from now on.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for stepping by,

Kristjan

Edited by vaoinas
Changed image URLs
  • Like 10

Yet again another stunning update. I just had to take my unmade RPM 1/35 TKS Kit out of the box just to compare your work to 'out of the box model' (and not even the best version to begin with)...... your detail is next level! 

Looking forwards to the next update :)

• Thanks 1