TKS tankette

vaoinas

I don't think I can add anything to the long list of superlatives that have already been used. Absolutely fantastic build. Way beyond anything I could manage!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Thank you, everyone.

Not much progress to show this time.

The tankette has got several washes and some chipping. Also some separate details have been glued on like taillight, tools, and muffler.

There's some progress with the groundwork as well. It's halfway painted now. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I really need to kick it going now, it has to be finished in a few weeks time.

Thanks for watcing,

Kristjan

Edited by vaoinas
Changed image URLs
  • Like 7

Wow!  Totally blown away at the level of details on this wee kit.  There's something to look at everywhere - I almost wish you had left it unpainted so we could see all of that great PE work you did!

My big question is - who thought this vehicle up in the first place?  Anyone fancy sitting beside an exposed engine so you couls suck in the fumes and burn your arm on the casing, all while getting shot at?  Er... thanks, no.  😉

Thank you, guys.

On 09/06/2020 at 16:35, Shark444 said:

My big question is - who thought this vehicle up in the first place?  Anyone fancy sitting beside an exposed engine so you couls suck in the fumes and burn your arm on the casing, all while getting shot at?  Er... thanks, no.  😉

The vehicle was developed by polish at the beginning of 30's but it was somewhat based on british Carden-Lloyd design. Half-a-car size tracked box with little more than no armor and a machine gun seemed to be a great idea back then.

I have a little progress to show - not of a vehicle this time, but a figure I got finally together. 

For this project I needed a very specific figure in a specific pose and clothes. There really wasn't any good options available, so I had to combine it together using torso, legs, and hands of a different figures I had in my stash. Quite a frankenstein monster, one would think. The head is by Hornet&Wolf miniatures, it's british officer but makes a good inter-war estonian with only minor changes.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks, 

Kristjan

Edited by vaoinas
Changed image URLs
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

It's nearing to an end now.

The pigments to the running gear has been added and tracks has been glued on as well. 

The connection of the tracks at the bottom are somewhat messy, but it will be well hidden on the diorama.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The base had its grass and more pigments to blend it all together.

spacer.png

And the figure is painted now. It needs few more touches though.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks,

Kristjan

Edited by vaoinas
Changed image URLs
  • Like 7

there are no superlatives to do this justice. If I had seen it I would never have bothered my slapdash scratch building efforts... 

• Thanks 1