Bf 109F - 4, Tropical version

That is very nice indeed, just wondering about the undercarriage splay? It seems a bit spread. Great details and weathering on this build, something to see everywhere one looks.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

That's a cracking 109. The scheme really sets it off.👍

Many thanks! Personally, this is the sexiest colour set that BF109 can have :DDD

8 minutes ago, Parabat said:

That is very nice indeed, just wondering about the undercarriage splay? It seems a bit spread. Great details and weathering on this build, something to see everywhere one looks.

Thanks, mate! Yeah, I was also slightly concerned about undercarriage. But these are placed just the way it fits. Considering Eduard fit - I kind of trust this should be the way. If not - I am not that much about accuracy of ww2, to me it is more about the joy you get building it and the learning curve from facts to skills you gain :) So to myself - this kind of Ok :DDDD

2 minutes ago, Bangor Lad said:

Excellent build and finish. Great photos too!

Many thanks!!!!!

Looks fantastic! You've added so much visual interest on a mono-colour scheme it's great to look at. The detail that really got me is the chipped national insignia top side port wing. That's attention to detail.

One comment, not just for you but this forum in general: it should be compulsory for people to put the scale and kit manufacturer in the thread title in RFI! 😜 bananas come in lots of different sizes you know!

Edited by Vlad

1 hour ago, gazza l said:

Very nice, I do like a 109 in a desert scheme.

gazza l 

Many thanks!

31 minutes ago, Vlad said:

Looks fantastic! You've added so much visual interest on a mono-colour scheme it's great to look at. The detail that really got me is the chipped national insignia top side port wing. That's attention to detail.

One comment, not just for you but this forum in general: it should be compulsory for people to put the scale and kit manufacturer in the thread title in RFI! 😜 bananas come in lots of different sizes you know!

Thank you! To be honest the chipped insignia is the way it came out of the box by Eduard. At start I though it is damaged decal, but that's actually the scheme :DDDD I just went out of the scheme and painted wing tips in white - it looks sexier. 

It is Eduard kit in 1/48, I added tags, but yeah, topic title would be more visible :DDD

To be honest I consider this to be amazing and detailed kit that is easy to work  on rather then my skills. It is only black wash, oil paints (black, white and brown), black pigment, silver paint for chipping. That's it. I just recently bought airbrush and that is my 3rd model only with airbrush (add 3 more brush painted), so cannot say that I am well skilled :DDD

Very nice !  Love the weathering and the nice photography! 

Best regards

Andy

One  point. The prop is a little bit too glossy for my taste! Hope you don‘t mind. 

Edited by Andy Dyck

Great job on the 109.

I agree with the gear leg "splay" mentioned above, my only (minor) gripe with the build.

But that banana looks absolutely realistic though - what kind of weathering did You use on it?

Hey all!

Many thanks for your comments and suggestions about landing gear and shiny propeller! 

To be fair, I wanted to show my banana model and placed bf109 just for scale. Quite sad to see that everyone bangs on about Bf109 and just couple of people noticed the banana. :DDDDDD

It is a lovely Tesco 1/1 scale Banana Tropical version with photo etched parts from Eduard and resin from Aires :DDDDDDDDDD