BPB Co. 71' 6" MTB - question............

Chris Preston

'Evening All,

I'm currently building a Dean's Marine 24th scale kit of their BPB Co. 71' 6" MTB and working on improving the scale accuracy of the kit during the build. I'm currently working on deck details, specifically the wooden no-slip "toe rails" running the length of the upper deck. The kit plans are very basic, and and a better detailed set by John Pritchard for the Model Boats Plans Service don't give the actual dimensions for the height and width of these toe rails (or their correct description). 

Would anyone on this forum be able to assist and advise me of these dimensions?

Sincerely,

Chris Preston
Victoria, BC
Canada

Hi Chris;

I was looking for this information during my BPB build a couple of years ago, but unfortunately couldn't find any dimensional data at that time.  I ended up scaling off line drawings found on the 'net.  I'm sure they weren't very accurate, but they looked the part.

One helpful resource I used was the Naval Museum of Manitoba.  They have quite a bit of information about the Canadian BPB MTB's.  One of their directors served on RCN MTB's during WWII.   It might be worth a try e-mailing your question to the museum's curator.

John

'Morning John,

Many Thanks for you reply, and as you've noted, there's not too much information out there. I contacted the Manitoba Naval Museum some time ago, and received some excellent line drawings they had made up for a full-sized replica bridge for a BPB Co MTB, and these have been very helpful, but I don't think they have any other plans. The John Pritchard plans aren't too bad, so I'll carry on with what I have from those. If you ever get the chance, this Museum is worth a visit.

Cheers,

Chris

• Like 1