Accurate Miniatures Yak 1b w/Foxbot aftermarket decals

This is my first Accurate Miniatures kit, their Yak 1b in 1:48. Instructions offer both exploded views of the assembly while at the same time giving you written indications on how to build the model.

I bought this model and Foxbot's aftermarket decals in order to build this as Lidya Litvyak's Yak 1b White 23, but that idea got shot down after being told she had never flown a Yak 1b. 

Thus the model languished, before deciding to give it a go and build it as White 23, because I already had gathered info regarding the camouflage.

The kit comes in a top opening box with a cool artwork of Sergey Lugansky shooting down a Bf 109E.

p63GA8y.jpg

Kit decals on the left and Foxbot aftermarket decals to the right. I'm planning on usign the stars and the numbers 2 and 3 to make my model.

xaWiRwN.jpg

Instructions:

mxlsJIo.jpg

More to come soon.

• Like 2

Horizontal stabilizers glued.

BioDfEI.jpg

ysGaz9I.jpg

Wings done. The wingspar should be trimmed in order for the upper wings to fit. Otherwise they'll need taping to remain in place.

Aircraft fully built. I'll have to fill in the  wingroot gaps.

yH1wA4o.jpg

Edited by Sturmovik
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Pretty quick work, really good results. 👍🏻

Thanks Corsair, much appreciated.

Light blue painted.

5kOtZQu.jpg

Not much longer, the decals were applied. Foxbot aftermaket decals are easy to use and are very thin and fragile.

Tg4wOhm.jpg

9Ft2mw0.jpg

• Like 1