Aviation Usk Ro-43

I couldn't resist the temptation to build this one, complete with it's stripy paint job

IMG_4541

Picture from Scalemates

I'll post the kit pictures later.

It should hopefully turn out something like this

IMG_4540

However I must complete some of my Frog GB builds first !

cheers Pat

• Like 13

20 minutes ago, Courageous said:

Not known to me. Think I need to add one to my pile.

Stuart

Hi Stuart

I hope you don't mind me asking but going by your BM name and photo, would you have served on the Courageous ?

The reason I ask is that I am sure I went to a Navy Day in Portsmouth many years ago and got to go on board, it made such an impression I can still remember it !

cheers Pat

8 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

I hope you don't mind me asking but going by your BM name and photo, would you have served on the Courageous ?

Hi Pat, you're correct in your assumption. I served on Courageous for 3 years before moving onto Renown for another 3 years. Courageous is now a museum boat at Devonport, have been trying to visit her when I'm down that way on holidays but unfortunately you need to arrange the visit and other things get in the way.

Stuart

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Hi Pat,

Looking through the builds I looked in on yours, and got a bit worried, not your usual rate of progress! (maybe I missed another post somewhere?)

Hope all is well

Cheers,

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Johnson said:

Hi Pat,

Looking through the builds I looked in on yours, and got a bit worried, not your usual rate of progress! (maybe I missed another post somewhere?)

Hope all is well

Cheers,

Hi Charlie 

Apologies, no excuses just life stuff getting in the way, too much with kids and work, so I'm afraid the modelling had to give.

I'll  keep supporting everyone else's builds

cheers Pat

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Hi Pat,

I'm retired, kids grown and gone and still don't have enough time. So quite understand. Modelling is supposed to be fun, relaxing, but can be a bit intense, especially hosting a GB! Enjoy the break and I look forward to seeing you build in the future.

Best wishes,

• Like 1

Hi Pat,

'The best laid schemes o' mice an' men oft gang aft a-gley', to quote Burns - thought it was appropriate given where you are now living! Better luck next time -  "Floatplanes and Flying Boats III" anyone? As Charlie said being retired should make a difference but sometimes it is still difficult to find time. Like the Perth you could make a start on it and then finish it off in a KUTA sometime.

Pete